“Relief !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room

Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room
Crater Lake Lodge, Crater Lake National Park, Crater Lake National Park, OR 97503
541-594-2255 x 3217
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Olympia,WA
“Relief !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We dined at this restaurant in a large group with booking in advance. We were seated on 2 large tables. The ambience was wonderful. Our servers were friendly and gave us all the info we needed. Inspite of the group size the orders were brought correctly. The food was an amazing relief from the usual road-trip-grab-a- bite deal. After a long day spent in the park catch a drink or a meal if your can at this lodge as its well worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Falls Church, Virginia
“Some of the best food I've tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Lunch service was fantastic. Our server, Hope, was one of the best I've ever seen and the food was fantastic. Adequate vegetarian options and beautiful views while you eat. Dinner was equally tasty although service wasn't as good. Prices are high though, but the quality of the food makes it worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, Ohio
“Beautiful Lodge/Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had reservations ten months in advance (as recommended) and I was excited to be there for the first time. Our table was back in the corner nearest to kitchens, no windows to look out at the surrounding beauty. Service was some of the worst I have ever experience in a quality establishment. The food was so/so at best and not hot! I ordered coffee and they never offered a refill, I had to ask three times for more before I got my second (tiny) cup. The people at the table next to us send one of their dinners back and complained (loudly, so all could here) when the waiter started to argue with them. This was the lowest point of our two week vacation through NV, CA and OR. Go for the beautiful Lake, but take a picnic basket, you'll be much happier.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Xanterra, Manager at Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent dining experience at Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room.

We pride ourselves in providing consistently excellent meals in our dining room and I sincerely apologize that we failed to deliver. We recognize that we can make mistakes but we are committed to fixing those mistakes as soon as possible.

If there is anything we can do to assure you of our commitment to quality, to thank you for your feedback, or to rectify this situation please contact me directly at any time. My direct line is 541-594-2255 x3202 and I am available Tue.-Sat. from 8-6.

Best regards,

Timothy Mahoney
Lodge Manager
Crater Lake Lodge
San Francisco
“Yow! Crater Lake Lodge dining room is very expensive. And Annie Creek restaurant is a hassle.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Oddly, the dining options at Crater Lake are very, very limited for a park that gets half a million visitors each year. The main lodge's dining room is convenient and stunning, but be warned it ain't cheap. Dinner entrees run $30-$45, which I thought was a bit steep even for a remote location where prices should be understandably higher. This place might provide a romantic meal for one night, but it's not an everyday option for families.

The food was fine, but not amazing. It felt like the menu was trying harder than the chef could deliver. The service polite, but not very efficient. The whole place seemed a bit disorganized and I wondered if some of the staff has ever worked in a restaurant before. We were told to make reservations far in advance for the 4th of July weekend, and perhaps that is smart to do even if you decide to cancel upon arrival, but there were empty tables each night - probably because most families with kids couldn't afford to eat here. By the way, wear bug spray because the mosquitoes are ferocious on the patio and float into the lodge with ease.

So where else can visitors eat? Sadly there's only one family-style restaurant (Annie Creek) in the entire park and its a 7 mile drive down the hill near the Manzama Village cabins and campground. It's a very nice place with decent food, but that drive back and forth for each meal is a time-consuming hassle and a waste of resources within one of our most prized national parks. What was the Park Service thinking when they planned this out?!

Besides the lodge, the only other food option near the rim is a snack bar that serves grab-n-go sandwiches. It's ok in a pinch. But the whole set up will make you glad if you came in an RV and can make your own meals.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Timothy Mahoney
Lodge Manager
Crater Lake Lodge
“Too hot and stuffy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I do understand that it doesn't get too hot at Crater Lake but the restaurant and gift shops are stuffy and smelly. No fresh air or air conditioning. It takes the pleasure out of enjoying a meal in the only opportunity in the park.

However, the staff were friendly.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere