“Very good cheese quesedillas” 4 of 5 stars

505 785 2281
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Iowa
“Very good cheese quesedillas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ate lunch here on our recent trip to the caverns. The restaurant is in the visitor's center, next to the gift shop.
They had several items to choose from. The employees stand behind the food counter, and get what hot items you request. You then pay at the registers. I could see this set-up being very time consuming when the restaurant is busy. Fortunately we ate early enough that there was only one other couple in line ahead of us.
I ordered a cheese quesedilla, which was really good. My kids got the cheese quesidilla kids meals, and liked them. My husband got a taco. The kids got juice boxes included in their kids meals, and my husband and I got the fountain drinks (you buy your cup from the cashier when you pay).
I thought the prices a bit high; my quesadilla was almost nine bucks. I expected high prices considering the location.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Menlo Park, California
“A Surprise at the Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the prices of the food and what they had to offer...they use the freshest ingredients and local fare.

Visited May 2013
“Edible Food @ National Park Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Normal food as served by most National Parks. Somewhat overpriced not to much of a selection, but your out in nowhere land, what do you expect.

Quebec City, Canada
“very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

You can get very good healthy food there and we really appreciate. You can get unhealthy food too if you like. They also have vegeterian burgers.

Utah
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the food here in the above ground cafeteria. I expected with the captive audience factor that quality would suffer but it was really quite tasty. I had the brisket sandwich one day and the nachos the next day. A little pricey, but worth it for the convenience of not having to go back down the hill.