“Decent rural eats” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Hilo, HI
“Decent rural eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed in Bryce Canyon in winter, so most of the restaurants were closed. After checking out the reviews here on TA we were left with this as a "maybe". Well it was fine. Considering where you are (middle of nowhere) and the time of year (winter off season) it actually was decent. We ate here 2 nights for dinner and we had a salmon, a steak, and 2 country fried steaks. Everything was tasty, hot, and on time. Service was friendly & informal as you would expect. Nothing gourmet but still very acceptable. the prices were fair as well. I would go back.

Visited February 2013

East Aurora, New York
“Very disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We went there because everyone said they had the best prime rib in town! My husband had a bad piece of steak that he could not even eat a bite. Being a chef, we understand that this can happen. But, when we told the waitress, she acted like it was our fault! She said that the 2 pieces she gave us were the last 2 she had when in fact we knew she was lying because the booth behind us ordered the exact same thing! When we went to pay, we realized she charged us full price for a meal that not one bite was eaten! We nicely said that it was not right to do that but we would pay for the meal. The waitress continued to yell at us at the register, rip the check out of our hands and made a scene. We were totally embarassed! Don't go there if you want good food and customer service!

Visited September 2012
Austin
“Gem of a find on the way to Bryce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We ate here not once but twice in a 4 day stay in the area. The first day, we both had the trout and I don't know where they got it from but it must have been nearby - YUM, YUM, YUM! The 2nd day I had the Ruben. I love Rubens but am picky about them and this one was just about perfect. If they were closer to where I lived, I'd be eating here all the time!

Visited October 2012
The Springs
“Welcomed lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

after a very cold weather hike in the park.

Just plain and plentiful good grub. Although I did not try the salad bar, the ingredients looked fresh. I did have their homemade cream of tomato soup and it " hit the spot".

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles
“Poor quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I ate once at this restaurant when I was visiting Bryce Canyon. The entrees are big but the quality of the food is poor...I'd rather having less food but a better one!! The tables did not look very clean also so i guess it did not help me to like it here...

Visited September 2012