“Nice food!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
“Nice food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here the one and only night we stayed. Although expensive the food was very good. The service was good, we tend to eat early so no crowd to worry about. While we had dinner we watched deer walk by the window in the parking lot. The table setting is very fancy and this may deter some diners, the prices too. But the food was very well presented and delicious. I had the duck (was better at El tovar) and my husband had the seafood risotto which he raved about. The elk chili is to die for, very good!! The restaurant is convenient for those staying at the lodge and I would eat here again.

Visited June 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Thirty of us ate two dinners here, and most of us were very, very happy we did”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was at Bryce with a hiking group and we ate here both evenings. Plenty of choices on the menu. An adequate wine-by-the-glass list and a better beer menu. Most of us really liked our dinners here. A few didn't and tried someplace else the second night, but were disappointed because there aren't that many choices in town and most serve pretty basic food. I'd recommend asking a few questions about the dishes you're considering before you make your selection. Worked for us. We'd eat here again in a heartbeat if we were back this way.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
manhattan
“Amazing location,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent two days at the Lodge at Bryce Canyon. It is hard to get away these days, with smart phones and tablets keeping us connected. We manage to get away from everyday life at Bryce. We didn't move our car for two days. We could walk to the canyon's rim at sunset, hike from the rim at sunrise, walk to the coffee shop for our morning java fix, walk to the dining hall, and take the shuttle to the visitor's center and view points. The architecture of the lodge is lovely, and I felt close to my parents, now gone, knowing this was the Bryce they saw. The service is slow, but our meals were quite good. The Unita Hoodoo beer is a gem, wish I could find it at home. We didn't eat breakfast, just coffee and yogurt so we could start our hikes. Our dinner was delicious: good bread, spinach salads well assembled with accents, the pasta with salmon was fresh and generous. Yes, the service is slow, but it was a reminder to slow down -- no schedule! The clerk who checked us in on Monday night was still there after we retired, then he was at the desk in the morning when we went for our 6:30 am coffee, and he was still there at lunch and dinner. The staff is working really long hours in the middle of nowhere, and were constantly asking how they could help. My service expectations were exceeded. Now, if Bryce only could get some toilet paper that isn't sand paper....

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Godfrey, Illinois
“Bad mahi mahi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was looking forward to eating at this lodge. The surroundings are incredible, and I was really hungry after a day of hiking. It had been a great day, but the mahi mahi special completely ruined it. About an hour after eating, I began to get that weird feeling - first hot then cold then queasy. Without unnecessary details, I spent the next hour conversing with the toilet bowl. After taking the night to regain my strength, I returned to the restaurant to alert them of the fact that they might want to remove that particular shipment of mahi mahi from the premises. The manager told me that they sell lots of it , and nobody ever gets sick or complains. He then moved on to other things, and I moved on to a better, safer restaurant for the balance of my trip. (The Bryce Canyon Pines restaurant about 5 miles northwest of the park entrance is really good.)

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wheathampstead, United Kingdom
“National Parks tour 2013”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Although the hotel is a beautifully peaceful place to stay in a stunning location, the restaurant was a real disappointment. The breakfast buffet was expensive ($13.50) and only of interest to those wishing to eat high cholesterol food. The a la carte breakfast menu was VERY expensive and the service slow. Dinner menu promised much but the food was ordinary, fish overcooked, meat dry and tough - prices again high. Servers tended to be over familiar - leaning on customers' chairs for long conversations whilst other customers waited.

• Visited June 2013