The big advantage about staying here are that you are in the park and very close to Sunrise and Sunset points, the views from which are simply stunning in the pre-sunrise light, the white rock looks translucent and when the sun rises, the colours knock you out! The lodges have been renovated back to their original colours and features, using native American artwork and patterns, and have rustic charm. Although similar, the room was so much nicer than that at the Grand Hotel at Grand Canyon (which is not grand at all). There was a balcony with 2 chairs and a table and a seating area inside the room. The room had a microwave and fridge but no television (who needs one here?) and no central heating. There is a roomy storage area with a wash-basin and large mirror outside the small bathroom, which has a shower over the bath and a heat and light bulb. There are pump dispensers for shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap and body lotion which is better than trying to manage little bottles in a wire rack, the usual arrangement. We stayed in one of the two storey lodges, on the upper floor, and our room was very quiet and comfortable but there is no lift. The bedroom lighting was inadequate. There are rubbish/trash and recycling bins inside and outside but no guidance on what should be put where.
The main disadvantage is the poor signage and lighting. Unfortunately we arrived after dark, which was a big mistake as it is hard to find your way. We also missed the star-gazing talk. At check-in we were directed to the wrong building and then had to ask for soap and shower gel. There is central heating in the main buildings and there is a big log fire in the reception area but sadly the heat does not travel very far and we found the restaurant rather cool. Restaurant reviewed elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Bryce Canyon, located near the rim of Bryce Canyon, is the only lodging in the Park and the perfect spot from which to launch your hoodoo and spires exploration. Couples, families and groups enjoy up-close access to the Park's rim trails and excursions plus front row seats to stunning sunrises and sunsets. Accommodations include 70 newly remodeled motel-style guest rooms(2 queens or 1 king bed) with refrigerators and microwaves; 40 cabins with gas log fireplaces. Complimentary Wi-Fi is located in the Lodge's lobby and at Valhalla Pizzaria. The historic dining room at the Lodge dates back to the original opening of the Lodge. We offer a varied menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Healthy gluten free and vegetarian options compliment the steaks, chops, pasta, fresh seafood and chicken selections. Our wine list features local Utah Micro-brews, domestic as well as international wine selections. Guests on the go can also grab a snack at the fast-food snack bar in the Park's General Store. Or, order to-go box lunches 24-hrs. in advance to take along on hiking and day-trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Bryce Canyon Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryce Canyon Hotel Bryce Canyon National Park
- Bryce Canyon Lodge Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah