“Private, pretty, quick side trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Beaches
Attraction Details
13 attraction reviews
“Private, pretty, quick side trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After a day of hiking, this was a great place to relax. Fresh water stream creates a pool just before it spills into the ocean. Great chance to swim without having to brave the cold ocean. Then sit on the rocks and watch the ocean. Only half a dozen spots to park, so it's luck of the draw if you get a space. If you do, however, only half a dozen other people are there. The waves make a wonderful sound moving over the hundreds of small rocks. Never heard a sound like that before. Very peaceful.

Visited June 2013

Auburn, New York
5 attraction reviews
“cobbles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

.Beautiful cobble beach! Great for pictures and enjoying the rugged landscape of acadia. My photos of the beach were actually frame-worthy!

Visited May 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
64 attraction reviews
“Loved this beach - so many great rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My boys love rocks and this beach was perfect for them. This is not an official stop in the Park Loop Road book that you can purchase at the visitor's center, but I found it through another book I had purchased about Acadia before our trip. I am so glad I did! There is a nice wooden staircase leading down to the beach, and the entire beach is made of smooth rocks from the ocean. The boys could throw rocks in the ocean until their hearts were content! Hidden and secluded, it is a must stop in Acadia for any little ones who enjoy this type of thing.

Visited July 2012
Hamilton, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Shhhh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This beach is not clearly marked, so you have to search for the sign. When I was little and visiting Acadia with my parents, they noticed the sign and the stairs and we found this lovely little beach. My husband and I found it again on this trip. Really lovely beach made up of stones. As the waves crash you can hear the rocks tumbling in the surf. Very relaxing. When I was little, there were lots of starfish and urchins in the tidal pools. This time we didn't see that. We did see people, but not many. We spent about an hour or 2 both days we visited. The second day we brought cheese and crackers and ate perched on one of the stones.

Visited June 2012
Kentwood, Louisiana
17 attraction reviews
“A short walk to a beautiful rocky cove.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

A local B&B owner turned me on to this hidden gem a couple of years ago and I've returned to it each year. It is a short but beautiful hike through a forest with Hunter's Brook meandering with the trail until it emerges on the "beach". Peaceful and serene cove with rocky outcroppings framing a big ocean view.