“Shhhh” 5 of 5 stars

Hamilton, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Shhhh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This beach is not clearly marked, so you have to search for the sign. When I was little and visiting Acadia with my parents, they noticed the sign and the stairs and we found this lovely little beach. My husband and I found it again on this trip. Really lovely beach made up of stones. As the waves crash you can hear the rocks tumbling in the surf. Very relaxing. When I was little, there were lots of starfish and urchins in the tidal pools. This time we didn't see that. We did see people, but not many. We spent about an hour or 2 both days we visited. The second day we brought cheese and crackers and ate perched on one of the stones.

Visited June 2012

Kentwood, Louisiana
19 attraction reviews
“A short walk to a beautiful rocky cove.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

A local B&B owner turned me on to this hidden gem a couple of years ago and I've returned to it each year. It is a short but beautiful hike through a forest with Hunter's Brook meandering with the trail until it emerges on the "beach". Peaceful and serene cove with rocky outcroppings framing a big ocean view.