“Pretty” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Bodies of Water, Outdoors
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: A pond in Acadia National Park with nature walks nearby.
Springfield, Virginia
98 attraction reviews
“Pretty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very pretty place to visit in Acadia national park. Great views and lots of natural beauty to enjoy. Highly recomended.

• Polish first
East Falmouth
5 attraction reviews
“Take A Hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We took a hike around Jordan's Pond starting near the Jordan's Pond house. This is the best spot to view "The Bubbles." If you move counter clockwise along this water-side path, you'll have a very easy walk until you get around the backside. Then you have to navigate over rocks for part of the path which then turns into long wooden planks for the rest of the walk. Still not a hard walk but not recommended for strollers, wheelchairs or crutches.
Took us about two hours at a regular pace and stopping for all the photo ops around the pond. Total walk is around 3.5 miles. Worth it!

Staten Island, New York
91 attraction reviews
“Great Family Walk, With Some Fun Rocks and Wooden Planks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This walk is about 3.5 miles around the Jordan Pond and is very beautiful with sections to climb over some small rocks, and walk on wooden planks. There is a stone footbridge as well. Fun for all ages. It was neat to see how the ecology changes around the pond. About 1/3 a way around is the entrance to climb the face up to Bubble Rock if you want to get some hiking in too. It is only ..5 miles so short but does take some effort and good shoes. There are exposed ledges on that so be careful. The trail for Jordan Pond is well maintained and well traveled, plenty of company out there. We finished out day with Popovers and chowder at the Jordan Pond House Restaurant. Great place to visit. There is also a nature trail there that is much shorter if you are pinched for time. It is about a mile long.

Painesville, Ohio
56 attraction reviews
“Nice easy loop trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Jordan Pond Path is a nice 3.5 mile trail around Jordan Pond with little elevation change. Like all most trails in Acadia National Park, it does have you hiking on uneven terrain including boulders, split log walkways, flat gravel terrain. Nice views from around the lake. The day my wife and I went it was foggy, so you couldn't see the other side of pond. This is a nice trail for families with children that can hike for 1-2 hours.

The nearby Jordan Pond House restaurant is highly rated, but I found nothing exciting about it. Over priced tourist restaurant.

greendale, indiana
“Popovers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Three of us made a chance stop at Jordan Pond House in mid-afternoon about a week ago. We had driven the loop and we were looking for a place to stop and sit for a while. I did not think that we would have any luck with JPH; cars were parked everywhere alongside the road and the place looked crazy as we drove by. There are "overflow" parking lots just beyond JPH and we easily found parking there. We made our way through the hoardes of people and got on a waiting list to be seated for lunch. About 10 minutes after we were given a pager and told to expect a nearly 40 minute wait, we were seated! Granted, we were not seated on the lawn or even inside with the great lawn view, but we were comfy and being waited on.
One of my friends had the lobster salad, another friend and I had walnut chicken salad. There were no complaints about the lobster salad. If anything, I had too much walnut chicken salad on my plate! It was good, though.
My only complaint was with the popovers. Is it my imagination or are those tasty little treats getting hard to get at JPH? We were each allowed to choose a popover after we placed our order, but that was it for the meal. Extra popovers could be had, for $2.25 each with a meal. They may have been more expensive than that if they were enjoyed without a meal. I don't expect to get something for nothing, but when you consider that ordering half a dozen popovers to enjoy could cost over $13.00, that seems like a lot of money for flour and eggs.
I enjoyed the visit to JPH and I appreciated being seated so quickly. The food was good and I did not feel ripped off by the price. I was disappointed by the cost and availability of the popovers, though.