My daughter was married at Thornton Manor, the manorhouse itself, on 15th August. We, the bride, Mum, Dad and chief bridesmaid stayed in Manor Cottage 2 the night before
Bit disappointed on arrival at the cottage, outbuildings needed a lot of TLC, three double bedrooms but only one full length mirror, cottage was a bit tired, cobwebs in corners, carpets had seen better days, A small suggestion to the owners, put some water and bleach in the outside toilet so the smell doesn't waft too much, thankfully we did not have to use it.
The morning of the wedding no hot water, maintenance men arrived within 2 minutes of our call, OK they couldn't sort it but the bride, who is a lettings manager managed to find the re-set button, thankfully. From then on everything was perfect.
The cottage whilst a little tired was advertised as one of the lesser properties. The towels were fluffy and large, complementary toiletries and the best duvet I think I have ever slept under.
Continental breakfast was a bit disappointing, a loaf of sliced Hovis, packet cereals and fruit, no croissants but then again we were only there for a couple of nights.
The wedding itself was out of this world, staff called at the cottage to collect the brides dress and all the occupants to transfer us to the Tower bedroom to dress. The venue was spectacular and the staff were unobtrusive but attentive to all the smallest needs, the weather was perfect so we could all enjoy the grounds and patio and the caterer Anne Wilson did a fantastic job.
It was certainly a day to remember and after the initial disappointment of the cottage it was a really great venue..
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Manor Hotel
- Thornton Manor Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Manor Thornton Hough, Wirral
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Cheshire venue for weddings and celebrations both large and intimate, whilst also the perfect choice for meetings, conferences and corporate events. Exclusive use Manor House- 200 dining Lakeside Marquee- 500 guests Manor House- 22 double bedrooms12 Cottage & Mews apartments. Whether planning your wedding, looking for the perfect venue, a place to stay whilst in on business, or a country cottage getaway - Thornton Manor is the perfect venue to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Thornton Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.