Spent three days at Kariega River Lodge and have to say it was the most wonderful experience ever, even the early starts!
The service that we received was first rate, nothing was too much bother and any problems were resolved quickly and without fuss (mostly golf buggies running out of electricity). The food was excellent, especially the breakfasts after the early morning game drive.
Our park ranger was brilliant and made the whole experience unforgettable, especially walking with the giraffes, thanks Wayne you made it for us!
As for Emma the Warthog, well you'll just to go and see it for yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the Bushman’s River, this Lodge is unique in that it connects a Big-5 game reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry guests through the quaint sea side village of Kenton-on-Sea. Inside the Lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, enjoy the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Kariega River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- River Hotel Kariega Game Reserve