We arrived very late after a very long journey from the UK to find staff waiting for us with food available long after they should have gone off duty. This was a sign of the good service and committment from the team at River Lodge that we enjoyed during our 3 day stay. Gerrard our ranger was knowledgeable and patient with our endless questions. Rooms were delightful. Food excellent. Game drives amazing. We even saw a black rhino and white rhino fighting - awesome. The sheer range of wildlife that we experienced was well beyond what we expected.
The location next to the river was interesting much more traffic on the river than we thought - currents in the river are quite strong if venturing in to swim.
Thanks to the team for a great Christmas
The Ringland Family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the Bushman’s River, this Lodge is unique in that it connects a Big-5 game reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry guests through the quaint sea side village of Kenton-on-Sea. Inside the Lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, enjoy the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Kariega River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- River Hotel Kariega Game Reserve