My wife and I stayed at the River Lodge in March 2010 for 3 nights. (sorry a bit late for my report) Wow what a place, friendly, efficient and the nearest you can be to the real Africa. our guide Albert was a master in knowing where the game was, and did we find it. From a lion kill to hippo's, rhino's and the lot. We had a lovely glass of Pinotage when we stepped our of the Land-cruiser at dusk just before the sun went over the horizon. The food was to die for, from early breakfast to late at night, the glasses of wine kept coming, so did the drams of whisky. The weather was "just as I like it" warm and sultry and the pool was just the thing to have on a warm day / evening. We NEED to go back on our next world trip in 2013!! Simples!!!
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- River Hotel
- River Hotel Kariega Game Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the Bushman’s River, this Lodge is unique in that it connects a Big-5 game reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry guests through the quaint sea side village of Kenton-on-Sea. Inside the Lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, enjoy the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Kariega River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.