We stayed for three nights in February, so went for six game drives and one game walk (next to the safer animals). Saw lots of wildlife, and the rangers were excellent spotters of game and birds, as well as very knowledgeable and friendly. This is definitely glamping (glamorous camping) - huge beds in the large tent, full bathroom facilities, hot water. Lights run off solar-charged batteries, I think, so are dim, but fine for most purposes, including reading in bed. We liked the food and there was plenty of it. Forest Camp is nicely laid out, with each tent out of sight of all others, set in the trees but with boardwalks to the reception/dining/sitting area. Recommended if you want to see game and birds while staying somewhere comfortable but not out of place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sibuya has more navigable river than any other game reserve in South Africa. The unique experience starts immediately with a half-hour boat transfer to River/Forest Camp - luxury en-suite tented accommodation nestled in riverine forest and constructed in an environmentally conscious manner. Guests are hosted and guided by a team of experienced professionals. An abundance of wildlife from elephants to otters, Big Five, cheetah breeding program and prolific bird life await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- Sibuya Game Reserve And Tented Camp