“The most amazing place I have ever stayed at! Truly breathtaking!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Escarpment Retreat

You added Escarpment Retreat to your Saves list
Escarpment Retreat
5.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   123 Alpine Terrace, Mount Tamborine, Queensland 4272, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“The most amazing place I have ever stayed at! Truly breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was looking for a place to surprise my girlfriend for our one year anniversary and I was looking all over the Internet until I stumbled across this place and I was so glad I did! Gary and Carolynne are the best people I have ever seen in the accommodation industry, they are so genuine and love their job making our stay as enjoyable as possible! The moment I saw the pictures of the surroundings and the villa, not to mention the spa, I knew it was the spot to be. I just prayed the pictures were as good as the real thing! And I can easily say the real thing was truly breathtaking!

From the drive up the mountain, to arriving at their establishment situated in beautiful rainforest surroundings to walking up to your villa its just picture perfect! Then the moment you step inside the villas you just can't believe your eyes, looking into the bathroom finding a spa and shower fit for a king not to mention the huge four post king bed as well! Then taking in your surroundings of the villa you just feel so cosy in-front of the fire on a huge couch in some of the most comfortable robes I have ever experienced (being stocky and 6foot6 it actually fit), surrounded by gorgeous architecture of hand made stone walls and wood everywhere plus a very high ceiling to make your villa feel like your very own penthouse suite!

My girlfriend would like me to add that she felt like a modern day princess staying in a luxurious rainforest cabin similar to those rich and famous. (She actually jumped up and down when she first arrived inside - which was quite surprising behaviour for someone who claims to be a mature professional!) The effort Carolynne went too needs to be acknowledged, (numerous emails back and forth between us) she helped me organise a romantic in house dinner for my girlfriend in our villa as their resident chef was on his one night off! Because we arrived late due to work commitments, Carolynne went out of her way to organise with a local restaurant to cook us a beautiful dinner and dessert, that she went and collected herself late on a Sunday night and deliver it too our villa! I have never seen hospitality quiet like it and because of it made our stay that much more amazing! The meal was just beautiful and complemented the surprise romantic night for my partner just perfectly! I seriously couldn't believe how great of a surprise it turned out to be with myself just taken back by how perfect everything was!

Not to mention waking up in the morning to the lovely sounds of the local birds, so quiet and tranquil without passing taffic, strolling down to the breakfast room when ever you like to enjoy a gourmet breakfast over looking the peacefulness of the surrounding forest! A great way to start your day of sight seeing around the lovely Mt Tambourine! Again Gary and Carolynne's hospitality is amazing sitting down with you and finding out what you are wanting to see and helping you where ever they can!

I can easily say staying at their establishment is the best thing I ever done and can't wait to find another reason to go back! My hat goes off to Gary and Carolynne for all their efforts in making our stay so memorable and enjoyable! I hope they keep doing what they are doing and never change because they have the best place to stay at if your looking for a nice weekend away be it romantic or just relaxing! I promise you, you will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here! I bet you will become hooked like my partner and I were! So congrats to Gary and Carolynne don't ever change please! Just keep providing the best place to stay and the awards easily back that up! Cheers to Gary and Carolynne for giving
us the best stay we have ever experienced anywhere! Hope to see you guys again soon! Thank you again! Two very satisfied customers, Paul and Beck xoxo

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Gary and Carolynne were extremely friendly and helpful. Gary told us about the area and suggested good places to eat/visit. The villa was absolutely beautiful.. High quality throughout, as well as being unique and practical. The included breakfast (buffet of cereal and fruit as well as a cooked breakfast) was of a very high standard.

The location is amazing, and a walk to the end of the property reveals a wonderful view of the surrounding mountains. Overall this was a FANTASTIC place to stay and we would recommend it to couples who want a relaxing getaway in beautiful surroundings will friendly service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Newbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed at the Escarpment for 1 night and had a very relaxing and enjoyable time. The villas are very comfy with living area separate from sleeping area. We were very happy to just stay in the villa during the whole stay; there's a great DVD library and a very decedant spa bath! Breakfast was delicious with beautiful views. I also had a massage from Shan which was very relaxing. Would highly recommend the Escarpment to anyone looking for some a romantic getaway and some peace and quiet.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Beenleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Yes, it was a good vacation. The rain did not dampen our spirits because the chalet was so enjoyable to stay in.
We would return for another stay.

Williamstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

This truly is a place of serenity all class beautiful room with a divine spa staff are wonderful go the extra mile , a wonderful breakfast in beautiful surroundings . Suzanna the massage therapist was excellent one of the best treatments I have had. The whole experience of the escarpment was a positive one and I will be back. Thank you Rochelle fisher

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

When you come across a hidden gem like the Escarpment it is hard to put all of the superlatives into one short critique, but to say wow, fantastic, truly memorable, romantic, breathtaking and down right country courteous might give those who have not stayed at this resort incentive to do so.
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and the room (especially the spar bath) is something inspiring and compelling to come back to .
My partner and I look forward to a return to this hidden treasure soon, and to anyone looking for a touch of magic we can't recommend the Escarpment too highly. Fantastic!!!!!

Noosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

My partner and I were looking for somewhere to unwind and relax before the busy Christmas madness time was upon us.
Well we found it and more at ' The Escapement.'
The surroundings were fabulous, our room cosy and very easy to sit back and be comfortable.
The service was outstanding.
Breakfast was scrummy every day.
The area was great to explore and we enjoyed everything we went to see.
We will definately be going back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Escarpment Retreat? Share your experiences!