“A really stunning location but the rooms and public areas in need of renovation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Edge Studios

You added Mountain Edge Studios to your Saves list
Mountain Edge Studios
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   387 Henri Robert Drive, Mount Tamborine, Queensland 4211, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Noosa, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We bought 2 nights at this resort through a "group" purchasing site. When actually making the booking on the telephone it was obvious the owner was underwhelmed about the booking and I had to wait for a couple of months before being able to book dates. When we arrived we were thrilled at the beautiful location. The reception and what was I presume a cafe were just awful, messy and unkempt. The "Blue Room" was in its day probably quite lovely but now tired and not as clean as it could have been. There were cobwebs and dust everywhere , the shower and tiles showing black mould. The gardens were well tended and the owners pleasant when we checked in though the first night they forgot to deliver the breakfast basket to the room and when they did remember it was too late as we were about to leave for some sight seeing.The bottle of "bubbles" as part of our package never appeared. We left without even seeing the owners the next morning though to be fair we did receive phone call later. We have been in the tourism industry for many years and we understand that at times it can be very hard running an establishment like this over a long period of time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Geni, Owner at Mountain Edge Studios, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Re: "We bought 2 nights at this resort through a "group" purchasing site. When actually making the booking on the telephone it was obvious the owner was underwhelmed about the booking and I had to wait for a couple of months before being able to book dates." I'm sorry if I seemed "underwhelmed" about the booking - we had around 110 of these budget bookings and I may have been tired. Those who left it for some time to book did have to wait a while for vacancies.
Re: "The reception and what was I presume a cafe were just awful, messy and unkempt." We have been renovating this area and some things were still out of place. Not an excuse, but that is why.
Re: "There were cobwebs and dust everywhere" I do not believe this was so, my executive housekeeper had made certain all surfaces were properly cleaned the day before you stayed. There may have been a couple of "daddy-long-legs" webs high on the beams, which of course can happen in a matter of hours.
Re: "shower and tiles showing black mould" Though this shower was re-grouted only a few months ago, there has, unfortunately, been a small area where the grouting is faulty. For this we humbly apologise. Obviously this is on our repairs list.
Re: the breakfast hamper. I'm very sorry this was not satisfactory to you. I did overlook it the night before, for various reasons, however we did have the hampers delivered by 7.30 am.
Re: the "bubbles". As you know, I saw your red highlighted note the morning of your departure and immediately phoned with my apologies. You seemingly understood that with quite a lot of chatting between us when you checked in, I had simply missed giving it to you. You also said it was not important to you, when I asked why you had not asked me for it.
Re: Your leaving without seeing me - I'm afraid I cannot wait at reception for each guest to check out at varying times, sorry. I was certainly on the premises seeing to other jobs, and a phone call would have located me in a moment or two.
I recall that you have spent many years moored on a yacht and travelling through Europe. Perhaps, in your eyes, we here in queensland simply don't measure up. Sorry.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

An impressive 2 night stay @MountainEdgeStudio-Blue. Thank you Jean, Enjoyed the view, breakfast on time, private and self-contained, accommodation was just like images on line. Delivered as advertised. Will be back, if we have the chance. :)

Room Tip: All studios have view to die for!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Tucked away on the hillside edge of Mt Tamborine we stayed two peaceful nights away from the city. We were woken early by a hungry kookaburra politely knocking on our door waiting for breakfast. it was a nice way to start the day. Owner operater Jean was nice as was her resident animals.

• Stayed October 2013
The_Geni, Owner at Mountain Edge Studios, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the charm of the mountain, the bird-life, and our accommodation. I'm always delighted to receive comments from our happy guests, thank you. We look forward to your return.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here recently for a romantic night away. Firstly after having our booking accepted online, we were told there was a mix up and we could not have the night, however to the owners' credit she did try hard to find alternate accommodation and in the end we got to keep the booking so the service is good. However on arrival we were quite disappointed. We did not consider the Yellow Lodge which we stayed in to be luxury, the furniture and fittings are a bit tired to be honest, and the road noise is constant and a bit intrusive. In addition our cooked bacon and eggs were stone cold and the juice provided in the fridge is reconstituted not fresh. The spa and view from the spa is wonderful and the lodge is spacious enough, but overall the $300 price tag for the night was not equal to the experience delivered, in our opinion. I cannot comment on the other lodges and thought from the photos that maybe they looked better, so maybe this is a factor, I don't know.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Geni, Owner at Mountain Edge Studios, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
I'm sorry you were a bit disappointed but I do appreciate your feedback. It's very important to us that our guests really enjoy the experience of staying here. In the interim we've replaced the sofa and we're addressing other issues which you raised. I don't understand your breakfast being cold, but perhaps it was the distance for delivery - I do hope you used the microwave to warm it. Unfortunately there's been increased traffic on the road with the roadworks on the Tamborine-Oxenford Road. Hopefully this will return to normal quite soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The most intimate room I have ever seen. Beautiful people, beautiful room perfect view. Get up for sun rise its well wirth it. Mount tambourine is such a unique get away. We will be back and fir much longer to explore and de stress

• Stayed July 2013
The_Geni, Owner at Mountain Edge Studios, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your great comments Sonya - such a lovely, happy appreciative lady. I look forward to your return visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Its was a beautiful night away everything was perfect everything Jean and her husband were lovely and couldn't be more helpful and such a warm atmosphere Thank you Jean is was just what we needed and you made it perfect everything:-)

• Stayed June 2013
Many thanks for your lovely comments and we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My partner and I decided to spend two nights for our 3rd anniversary at Mountain Edge Studios because we had such beautiful memories of spending our 1st anniversary here, we are so glad we made that choice. We stayed in the green room on our first visit but chose the red room this time, we love them both and the views of the Gold Coast are amazing. Jean is such a warm and friendly lady and goes that extra mile for her guests which is very rare these days. If you are looking for a romantic paradise then look no further, it is right here. We will keep coming back not just for our anniversary but for when we just want to shut out the world and spend time with one another. Thank you Jean for everything xoxo Leonie

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Geni, Owner at Mountain Edge Studios, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you so much Leonie for your delightful review - from a delightful guest!

Been to Mountain Edge Studios? Share your experiences!