“A COMFORTABLE HOTEL” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangor N. I.
“A COMFORTABLE HOTEL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We are retired and it is important for us to get good value for money.
This was the case when we recently visited our family and stayed in 2 different Premier Inns in Peterborough and Liverpool.
The rooms were excellent and the beds were very comfortable.
Thank you Premier Inn for your attention to detail.
We enjoyed our stay

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

WirralPremierinn, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral - Greasby, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us - it is much appriciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Wirral Greasby soon.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed a couple of times recently. This is one of the 'old' style Premier Inns that really needs an upgrade (promised apparently) but still delivers the comfort of the brand.

What marks it out as special is one of the best and most committed staff teams I have come across in almost 40 years staying in hotels. Keen to deliver, proud (rightly) of what they did and full of useful hints and tips (I know the area and agreed with every one of them).The end result is something akin to a family hotel feel. I hope people within Whitbread recognise what they have here and back the team as the location is less fashionable than nearby Premier Inns.

The other thing to bear in mind is the attached pub doesn't measure up in the same way. The breakfast food is up to the normal standard but the service much more variable. Great guy waiting on day one who was really pleased when I commented how ripe the fresh food salad was. By contrast a fellow diner later in the week ordered scrambled eggs on toast and the response was 'you pop the toast in the toaster and I'll go and get the eggs ordered'.

The evening menu is a shocker; a real throwback (if you doubt this have a look how few times the menu can 'star' a dish with less than 600 calories). The Grieve Dunning up the road shows what can be done with a bit of thought and investment.

Room Tip: I prefer the front, but you need to keep the windows closed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - your lovely comments will be passed on to all the staff.

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Overwhelmed with the fantastic service especially the patience shown and time and help given. I want to thank Chris Barber , Richie, Emma, Betty, Chris S who could not have done anymore for me. Thank ye all. Much appreciated. God bless. Brian Jersey. See ye next year!.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay here at Premier Inn, Wirral Greasby.

These comments will be passed on to the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

pre booked in June online for a wedding we where to attend in September. I was extreamly happy with the advance prices, they couldnt have been better and is something I will certainly do in the future.The hotel is easy to find, and on arrival there was a very warm welcome from Chris.. Our room was such a lovely surprise. huge bed, loads of room to move and nice large bathroom.I have to say 'Lenny' got it right !
We stayed for four nights had no problems at all, rooms were kept beautifully clean, no late 'adverse ' noises.It was without doubt value for money. Did not get a chance to sample the breakfast, maybe next time....All the Staff are so helpfull and accomodating, but I do have to give Lindsey a special mention, She is a true professional in her work and above all one of the nicest people I have ever met. I look forward to going back to stay in the future and have no problem recommending the hotel to my friends

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Premier Inn Wirral Greasby. Thank you for taking the time to write a reviw.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently stayed here for 2 nights while in the area visiting relatives. The receptionist, I think his name was Chris or Craig, was very welcoming and even carried my bag up to my room for me. He was very chatty and had lots of useful tips for me. The room was a little bit dated but was extremely clean. I would definitely come back again:)

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments - these will be shared with the staff.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while on business trip. On arrival the lady on the desk couldnt have been more friendly.

The room was a twin on the ground floor and was smaller than most premier inns. It was clean though so no issues there. During the night though I wish I'd taken my ear plugs as the person above me was walking to amd from the bathroom on the squeaky floor boards.

The whole hotel seemed quite tired and could do with updating but if you need somewhere cheap to stay it is ok for one night.

I would steer clear of the cooked breakfast in the morning. The hash browns were as solid as hockey pucks and I'm sure would have broken my teeth if I'd bitten into them. The egg white was liquid in places and the beans were dried up. They'd only been open for breakfast for 15 minute s which makes me think it was yestrdays left overs reheated in the main.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

You will be pleased to know that our hotel is currently in the process of a refurbishment and will be finishing just before Christmas.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our newly refurbished hotel very soon.

Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have just spent the weekend visiting friends in nearby Upton. From the minute I book our rooms I got fantastic service. I made the booking on the Internet and received an email to confirm the booking and to call the hotel to confirm names. I spoke to the receptionist Lyndsey who could not do more for me and made me feel so welcome on the phone. The service was even better on our arrival. Lyndsey was on reception and welcome us personally by my name. She checked us in and was very friendly and professional. There was 9 of us altogether and she gave us the personal service and made sure our breakfast table where all sorted every morning. On the Saturday afternoon, we decided to eat at the hotel and I called Lyndsey and she went next door and organised a table of 16 for us. The staff at the restaurant also gave a warm and friendly service. The rooms where clean and the breakfast was great :) The evening meal all went to plan and we had great service. Chris was our night reception and again could not do enough for us. On check out Lyndsey was again on reception smiling away and professional. She has advised the hotel is going to be refurbished in November so we look forward to going back next year! Thank you Lyndsey you made and the girls stay :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments and feedback and for takng the time to write a review.

Kind Regards

Been to Premier Inn Wirral - Greasby? Share your experiences!