“Wonderful Experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Gunnery Brasserie - CLOSED

The Gunnery Brasserie
71 High St, Tarvin, Chester CH3 8JA, England (Formerly The Gunnery Bar & Restaurant)
+44 1829 749333
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a warm, welcoming, inviting bar and restaurant located in the scenic village of Tarvin in the heart of Cheshire. Our charming premises date back to the early 19th century and many of the original features remain, culminating in a rustic and traditional dining setting. Coupled with our enthusiastic and motivated team we hope to provide an experience not to be forgotten.
“Wonderful Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stuart's Table at the Gunnery has transformed what was always a seriously underachieving venue into a place you simply must try. As a resident of Tarvin and someone who has frequented the establishment for a good couple of years, I speak from experience and can therefore vouch for the magnitude of improvement. The Soups are top class for starters, as is the black pudding and quails egg. The pork belly was the best I've ever tasted and more than enough to fill me. (6'5" and 17 stone) and the steaks are quite clearly cooked by someone who is passionate about what they do. I opted for a rump last time and the flavour was magnificent and it was perfectly cooked. As a family business I have always found the service polite, friendly and very professional. The atmosphere is so relaxing and and night there is a night very well spent. If you do decide whether you will visit a venue based on reviews then I implore you to ignore the odd negative one on here about Stuarts Table and try it for yourself.

kent
“Excellent food, friendly staff, lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Had a great meal. My steak was cooked perfectly, Mum had the braised beef and really enjoyed it.

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Big fan of Stuart's Table at Huxley and the standard remains high at the Gunnery. Good food, good wine and good value for money. highly recommended!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Having read a mixed bag of reviews, I was hesitant about trying out 'Stuart's Table' at The Gunnery. However, as I live in the village I thought I'd see for myself! Incidently I do remember having a very tasty steak at the Farmer's Arms about 10 years ago. I was not disappointed...........Really excellent food. A real treat to see white bait on the menu and the best I've ever eaten! Being a lover of steak, I had to try one for the main course - delicious! I ordered it rare and it was cooked to perfection. My husband had black and white pudding with duck egg to start - fantastic. Belly of pork for main -crispy and very tasty. Service was friendly and efficient. I've recommended to my friends and will definitely be going back

Chester, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Having been pleased with Stuarts table on several occassions, The Gunnery was very
disappointing. The food was poor and not well cooked, and we thought very expensive
for what we got. Would not go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere