We stayed here on the night of 10th April and took our elderly friend for an 89th birthday trip away. We had a fantastic time and wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. Our friend was delighted to find 2 dozen roses and a card in her room on arrival. The welcome was very warm, the beds very comfortable and the food stunning..... we had an evening meal in the hotel, cooked by their excellent French chef - and it was just fabulous. The best meal of the year for me! The scallops, duck and fish were just perfect. The breakfast too was exceptional and way above our expectations.
There is a lovely view of West Lulworth from the Bar and dining room and the sea is only a10 minutes walk away.
The only word of warning is that there is quite a steep winding path to walk up to get to the front door of the hotel. At a guess I would say it's about 50-75 metres long. We were slightly concerned about this as it was too far for our 89 year old friend, so we were glad that we had brought a wheelchair with us. Edward saw us arrive and rushed down to the car park to greet us and pushed the wheelchair up for us. So don't let the slope put you off - I'm so glad we didn't as otherwise we would have missed a wonderful experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Dorset hills, this stylish country house is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Jurassic coastline.Limestone at Lulworth is a uniquely designed, characteristic hotel. The combination of traditional furnishings tastefully enhanced with a modern influence, creates an authentic English, country house feel with a touch of luxury. Combined with the relaxed, homely atmosphere makes this the perfect place for a well-deserved break.Just a short walk away from Lulworth cove and a brisk hike over the hill to Durdle door, listed by “Visit Britain” as one of the top 10 natural wonders of the UK, Limestone hotel is a perfect base to explore this quintessential part of England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Limestone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatton House Hotel West Lulworth
- Limestone Hotel West Lulworth, Dorset