My husband and I had just finished a professional conference in London and the Lulworth Cove area was our first stop on a two week trip through the Southwest. We stayed at Bindon Bottom for three nights and were sorry to leave. Our room, "Keats", was on the top floor with sloping ceilings and a very traditional and comfortable spirit. We felt totally at home and enjoyed the tea and cookies placed in our room every afternoon and the chocolates on our bedside table at night. Lisa and Clive were extremely friendly and helpful, always available with excellent suggestions and entertaining stories, but never pushy or intrusive. The full English breakfast was delicious and more than ample and Lisa's recommendation for dinner, Dandelion, was easily walkable and consistently excellent in quality. Lulworth Cove and the Coast Path are just down the road and we learned that if you get up early and walk steadily, you can have Durdle Door to yourself for long enough to enjoy the solitude and take wonderful photos. We rated Bindon Bottom a wonderful experience and highly recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lisa and Clive welcome you to Bindon Bottom. This charming Victorian country house built of Purbeck and local stone is our home, nestled into the bottom of Bindon Hill in the quintessential English village of West Lulworth, Dorset. We have five guest rooms at Bindon Bottom: Four double rooms and one twin room. We feel sure you'll have a very relaxing and comfortable stay with us. Because of our perfect location and our relaxed atmosphere, many guests settle into Bindon Bottom as their base to discover the magnificent World Heritage Jurassic Coast as well as the beautiful Dorset Countryside and the Isle of Purbeck. Each guest room offers: * An extremely comfortable bed made up with Organic & Pure Cotton bed linen, luxury duvets and divine pillows * Flat screen TV, with 'Free Sat' Channels & DVD player ~ And we have a new DVD Library. * Wi Fi Internet Access * A hospitality tray brimming with Organic/Fair Trade tea & herbal teas, coffee, hot chocolate, decaf tea & coffee, filtered bottled water, fresh local milk and a jar of local biscuits & snacks. * Fluffy Fair Trade/Organic cotton towels * Luxury Fair Trade/Organic bathrobes * Eco Hair dryer * A wind-up Eco Torch to get you to the pub and back in the dark (there are no street lights in the village) * Organic luxury toiletries including hand wash, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel/bath foam & lots more... * The Official Jurassic Coast Information & Guide Books * A guest folder filled with useful information and ideas on where to eat and what to do... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bindon Bottom Hotel West Lulworth
- Bindon Bottom Bed And Breakfast
- Bindon Bottom B&B West Lulworth, Dorset