My wife and I had a good fortnight at this hotel. The hotel itself I would describe as average, the staff though were outstanding. In the restaurant Yousef (the restaurant manager) and his staff could not do enough for us. They work seven days a week doing split shifts and despite this always had a smile. My particular favourite memory was Mohammed serving champagne to us morning and night (the champagne was actually the bottled water but what the heck it was amusing when he came over asking us if we wanted more "champagne").
I am sure that the hotel does not appreciate just how good their staff are.
Now the bad points. The first is that the hotel is half way up a hill with nothing else close by. You cannot really just walk out to get a drink at a local bar. There are good restaurants up the hill and I do mean UP THE HILL if you want to go. You can get a free taxi up there if you are dining though. The hill becomes a mountain in the daytime because of the really hot temperatures.
I got some chemical burns under my arms and on my crotch and I think that the swimming pool was too blame. As I swim and go in the water loads I was probably exposed to the chemicals more than others. I know that this did not affect all the guests but I did speak to one other couple who said that they had suffered the same burn like symptoms as me. I never said anything to the hotel though as I thought I had got these elsewhere.
The only other complaints are very minor. You are not allowed to bring any food or drink into the hotel as it is against their company policy. It would be as it means you have to buy your food and drink from them. If this is the case why did they supply a fridge in the room? We ignored this and got some drink etc for the room. They do not also have little nibbles to buy like crisps etc so we bought them from the local supermarket.
They provide tea and coffee facilities which means a kettle and two cups, nothing else. It is very difficult to buy normal milk so making a cup of tea proved to be difficult.
Will we go back? Time will tell but we still have a maybe we will, maybe we won't attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique Hotel in Kyrenia which has A'la Carte Restaurant & Bar.It stands close to Bellapais Abbey and commands panoramic views of Kyrenia town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Bellapais Monastery Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellapais Monastery Village Hotel Bellapais
- Bellapais Monastery Village Kyrenia
- Bellapais Monastery Village Hotel Kyrenia