In most cases when holidaying abroad I like many people, try to make the best of things and concentrate on the positives. It was impossible here as there were so many bad and it really but a damper on the holiday spirit.
I suppose I fell for the 4 star rating which is no reflection of the quality of the accommodation or how bad this place is. The staff were very friendly and helpful but in the restaurant particularly useless. The restaurant is advertised as exquisite which has to be the most bizarre use of the term imaginable. Apart from the terrible evening meal which was actually inedible ( try the prawn cocktail - i dare you) the breakfasts were served up on filthy and cracked crockery and often not what was requested. When I pointed out a hair on my plate there was no apology. Do yourself a favour and do not eat here at night.
The so called villa was falling apart with hole in exterior walls, door locks which did not work, TV did not work. A fly that had been squashed against the netting before we arrived was still there 10 days later. There were holes in the towels, the curtain kept coming off the rails.
The place generally is shabby with cracked paving, rotting and loose handrails for external stairs,weeds in between paving around the pool which was also shabby. The waterproof seat covers absorb the rain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique Hotel in Kyrenia which has A'la Carte Restaurant & Bar.It stands close to Bellapais Abbey and commands panoramic views of Kyrenia town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Bellapais Monastery Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellapais Monastery Village Hotel Bellapais
- Bellapais Monastery Village Kyrenia
- Bellapais Monastery Village Hotel Kyrenia