“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caenby Corner
Ermine Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Caenby Corner LN8 2AR, England   |
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed for a single night when attending a wedding reception close by, Myself and hubby were in the king size room, with our own entrance, beautiful decor and all the little extra touches that made our stay most enjoyable.My sister and her hubby were in the main building that is Bill & Ellen's home. when greeted by Bill and Ellen we were made to feel very very welcome, nothing was to much trouble, the dogs were very friendly and no trouble at all to us, i think we made more fuss over them than they did of us, both these dogs are very well trained and are a credit to Bill & Ellen. After attending our wedding reception we returned just before midnight to a warm welcome from Bill, we were soon in our room and into the most comfortable bed that i have ever slept in. I always wake up 2 or 3 times in the night when staying away from home, but not this time, the bed, the bed linen and the pillows were sublime.

The breakfast that was expertly provided was fabulous (sorry I couldn't finish mine Bill) but clean plates from every one else. Would certainly stay at the Ermine lodge again. The service was exemplary from the moment we arrived to the moment we left.

from
Pat and Kevin Taylor

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

After stumbling accross this hidden oasis for one night ,I had no question that for the next 5 months this was the place to stay for me. As a buisness man this was the ideal home from home experience . Bill & Ellen are so friendly and welcoming that I had no hesitation to book for the long term . With comfortable rooms and a cracking full english breakfast and cereals I could not wish for anything more. A local pub 3 mins away by car also with a friendly welcome . I would recommend this to any one who wish's to visit Lincoln as it is only a 15minute scenic drive from the city centre. You must try it to believe it .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Schweiz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

It was great to come back and so I get the chance to correct my rating (which was wrong by mistake the first time). We've spent 2 nights in this very friendly and perfectly clean B&B.
As this is the second time I've stayed with Bill&Ellen, they made me feel like coming home.
I'm not used to dogs, but like them very much, specially if they are well trained and behave.

We appreciated all the extras in the room like chocolats and sherry.

Breakfast was delicious again for vegetairans and non.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Co. Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed for a single night while working in Hemswell and could not have asked for more. The cost was very reasonable and the services provided were exemplary. The room had everything I needed and was most comfortable. Breakfast was great in the morning too.

I notice a few people complaining about the dogs. Bill and Ellen's website clearly states they have and train dogs - what more can they do? It's their home - they're entitled to have dogs. The dogs were no hassle at all (no late/early barking or boisterous behaviour). The only contact I had with the dogs was when I sought it and Bill gave his permission to the dogs. They're well trained and a credit to themselves and Bill.

If I'm ever back down in the area I wouldn't hesitate to book another night. It would be a pleasure to meet Bill and Ellen again, and of course, the dogs.

Many thanks, Tim

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We spent the weekend at Ermine Lodge with Bill & Ellen. They welcomed us with open arms.We stayed with them whilst attending a family wedding near by. Our rooms were lovely. They were exceptionally clean and Bill & Ellen were the perfect hosts. The breakfast we received was excellent and any thing we asked of them was not a problem. They did all they could to make our weekend wonderful. We would certainly go to their home again. We loved the dogs too. Thank you to you both.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I used these facilities (along with my husband and friends) recently whilst attending a wedding at a local venue. I cannot comment on the welcome as my husband dealt with this but the room itself, breakfast and Bill & Ellen were the best I have ever experienced. The rooms were spacious and clean with a few additional extras which were very much appreciated. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and both Bill & Ellen were on hand to answer any questions we had and were willing to put themselves out in order to accommodate us. Bearing in mind the fact that there were dogs on the premises and I am not the biggest fan of these, it was reassuring that there was 'extra' security there and neither of them caused us any problems during our wonderful stay.

I have already started recommending Ermine Lodge to anyone who will listen and I will continue to do so as this really is 'Home from Home' (with the added bonus of no washing up!!).

Special thanks to both Bill & Ellen for a wonderful stay in your beautiful home.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the outside rooms which I believe used to be the garage. As these are locat...