“Lovely little cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Lovely little cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Went for a meal on their bistro night. The food is all homemade & freshly cooked. I had a 3 course meal and the food was delicious. There is a wide variety of homemade cakes & desserts. I had the cheesecake. Delicious! A family run restaurant in a lovely village.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DebbieCC, Owner at Crich Tea Rooms, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed our Bistro night - these are proving to be very popular. The cheesecake is always a popular choice too! We look forward to seeing you again soon and would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food and very welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently visited this tea room for Sunday lunch and was very impressed with the quality of the food and portion size. I was welcomed as soon as I walked in by the waiter and after choosing my table I was offered a drink while I browsed the menu.

My husband and I both chose a roast dinner and found it excellent value for money at just £6.50 each. There was a large selection of puddings and all the cakes are on show in the main restaurant which is a nice touch. As a pudding lover I chose the 'Mars Cheesecake' and was not disappointed. I received a very large slice of homemade cheesecake and it was delicious.

The staff were very attentive during my visit and arranged a very clean high chair for my baby and heated up baby food.

This tea room is a hidden gem in the Derby-shire countryside, the food is of a very high quality and you are made to feel very welcome. I will definitely make this a regular visit as we love Matlock and surrounding areas.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DebbieCC, Owner at Crich Tea Rooms, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed the Sunday roast and that you were well looked after on your visit - we aim to please and do our best. We like to serve traditional home cooked food at affordable and reasonable prices. The cheesecake is a popular choice by many of our customers. We hope that you will return again and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good food, but expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Recently visited the Crich Tea Rooms and was a bit disappointed. The menu is limited, and frankly, expensive (£4 for a sandwich, £2 for a slice of very average cake). Husband had a toastie which looked good and tasted good, but at £4.75 was over priced. I had coffee cake which didn't taste of coffee at all. You get a generous pot of tea for your money which is a plus.
On the day that we visited there appeared to be a table of family members related to the owner and they were given more attention than paying customers. Sorry, we won't be returning.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DebbieCC, Owner at Crich Tea Rooms, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We are sorry to hear that you feel our food is expensive and that you didn't enjoy your visit to Crich Tea Rooms. The vast majority of our customers are always extremely complimentary regarding the quality, quantity and value of our food particularly the home made cakes. We also pride ourselves on making people feel welcome and that they are part of the family so we are sorry if you didn't feel that we served you well. At the date of your visit we had only recently taken over the Tea shop (8th August) and we did receive a lot of visits from family and friends during the first few weeks but we did try our best not to let this intimidate or interfere with our other customers - our staff are there to look after everyone, however if you felt ignored in any way please accept our apologies as it was not our intention.
We have now extended our menu, so maybe if you are in the area again you will give us a second chance?
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice place but heartbreaking to see the donkey over the road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The tea rooms are lovely and great staff and service. However it is heartbreaking to see someone keeping a donkey in a little paddock across the road. It's feet are over grown and starting to curl and it was desperately seeking company - they need companions. The locals should be encouraging the owners to get it a friend and a larger and less dirty paddock as there wasn't much space or graze to graze on for it. They also need a good farrier as the feet needed rapid attention. Poor donkey deserves better. I am going to report to RSPCA for one xx

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DebbieCC, Owner at Crich Tea Rooms, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Although we didn't own the Tea Rooms on your visit we would like to let you know that the donkey has been re-homed in a local Donkey sanctuary - where I have heard he is much happier now. Hopefully you will visit the Tea shop again thank you.
Derby
“A regular place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We regularly eat here. The staff are brilliant and the food is good tasty honest English food. The specials are always worth a try. They are really accommodating if you have any particular requests. Very family friendly. Do 'take out' for people caravanning or camping locally. It delivers everything it promises and our children love it. Very welcoming to walkers, cyclists, hikers etc. very good breakfast. Everything appears to be very fresh and home cooked. Nice little cafe very reasonably priced.

Visited February 2013