“Outstanding B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Bellerive B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Outstanding B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I've just returned home after a five day stay at Bellerive House and can honestly say it is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. After booking the accommodation I was contacted by David who sent out a comprehensive guide on how to locate the premises, and then upon hearing that I was joining a tour on the afternoon of my arrival, kindly ( wife his wife) offered to drive me into the CBD. The Derwent room was offered to me and it is simply beautiful. The bed is extremely comfortable, fresh flowers adorned the room every day, and chocolates magically appeared on the sideboard each morning. And let me say, a heated bathroom floor is the best form of luxury i have ever experienced. The quality of the breakfasts have been described in other reviews so I won't repeat any of those comments other than to say that they lived up to all of my expectations. Fresh fruit, beautiful produce, all served in a lovely dining room. Both David and Jacqueline are incredibly kind hosts who go out of their way to make you feel welcome in their home. They have established a truly classy accommodation option in Hobart and deserve every piece of praise that has been heaped upon them. I am so glad I chose to stay at Bellerive House and enjoyed immensely the chance to meet both David and Jacqueline.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Seriously you can't imagine how nice the place is! First of all, the hosts Jacqueline & David are such a lovely and friendly couple, they would make you feel like home.
We had our stay in Feb for 3 nights, nice weather. Once we arrived, David showed us around the house, it's such a beautiful place. We stayed in the Mount Wellington room, although it's facing the main road, we couldn't hear any noise at all, also credit to the lovely bed, soooo comfy! (On the last day we were told there was a running event on the weekend early morning on Cambridge Road and we didn't even notice it!) The bathroom is spacious and the bathtub is amazing, plus everything was spotless and well-maintain.
What's more, your day would be lightened up by the daily-changing-breakfast-menu and the beautiful flowers. Everyday my husband and I were struggling what to eat, because it's just so delicious that you couldn't make the decision! Normally I eat little in the morning, in these few days my husband was surprised how I could finsih the big dish!
Don't worry about the distance from the property to the city or other places, it's just 10 odd mins drive to the city eg Salamanca Market, and it's easy to get to any sightseeing places. Walk around the neighbourhood, 5mins away there's a convenience store, 10mins there're quite a few restaurants, 15 mins stroll there's a small hotel, sip a beer by the dock. How nice!
It's a belated review, thank you Jacqueline & David for the lovely stay, it's flawless, we both enjoyed Tas so much and the stay was definitely a highlight. What's more, Ms Tashi melted my husband's heart, she's so sweet and gentle!
Don't miss the place, you will find it worth every dollar!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Honestly, the most lovely place either of us have stayed in. David and Jaqueline were both just so nice, and had gone to so much effort for us. My husband and I are vegan and this was absolutely no trouble for them, they had gone out of their way to make sure we have everything we needed, including soy milk for tea and coffee in the room and a delicous gourmet breakfast in the morning.

The room was exquisite, comfortable and presented to an incredibly high standard.

We were also treated to a complimentary room upgrade as it was our honeymoon. Only regret was staying just the one night. Some other comments state its on the pricey side, well we are from Perth WA where you pay $250+ for a grotty room in a Holiday Inn so to us, it was outstanding value.

Do yourself a favour and stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here at the beginning of November for three nights-what an amazing place!
Hosts David and Jacquie go out of their way to make you feel so special.The breakfasts with daily-changing menus are to die for(especially the home made Muesli!)
My room (the Derwent room with the amazing shower) was better than a five star hotel room with freshly ground coffee,home made shortbread and sweet treats....the list goes on.
Thanks to two amazing hosts for such a lovely stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at Bellerive House for two nights as we celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary in Tasmania. The property is immaculate and the hosts are very welcoming. We stayed in the Mount Wellington room and were impressed with the attention to detail in the room. The Breakfasts were by far the best we have ever had in a B&B. We were treated to fresh coffee, sour dough bread and eggs which were done to perfection.

Overall a fantastic property and highly reccomended. David & Kathie

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Incredible, how the hosts, David and Jaqueline have made accommodation feel like coming home. Fantastic stay friendly, fun and accommodating. We can't recommend highly enough. Our hosts knew we were looking for good snorkel areas and on our return from the tree top air walk, David rang to say where to go and best times.

• Stayed November 2012
Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed 3 nights at Bellerive House last week, using it as a base to explore the wonderful Tasmanian countryside. The owners, David and Jaqueline, are a delightful couple who really go out of their way to ensure that your experience staying in their charming property is the best possible. Everything is spotlessly clean, the breakfast is delicious and second to none. There is secure car parking and the location provides easy access to most of the sights that visitors want to see.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bellerive House? Share your experiences!