“Brilliant Pizza, exceptionally friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Hobart, Australia
“Brilliant Pizza, exceptionally friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Been here many times since Cuginis opened but dont think I have done a review before. The pizza here is amazing, whether dine in or takeaway it is fabulous everytime. Pasta is great too although I usually stick with Pizza. Dined in many times also the staff are so friendly and attentive to you for drinks, filling water etc. The guys doing the pizza are great and always say hi when you arrive/leave

can't recommend enough

only thing which may turn some people off is it is fairly crowded/small restaurant and is usually noisy but I love it like that and it's BYO. Must book in advance!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Spring Beach, Australia
“Great pizza, buzzy atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Since moving to Tasmania in 2010 I have been on a relentless search for the perfect (as I know it) pizza experience.
My criteria is a thin and very crisp base, not too much topping; the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) philosophy works for me every time. You may get better "value" from the vile chains if you count the quantity of cheese and meat as being a priority, but I like my pizza lean and mean.
My second outing to Cugini in Bellerive was nerve-wracking as I have found it's often a bad mistake to recommend any particular ethnic restaurant to a friend who hails from that particular part of the world. Thus I gingerly invited good friends visiting from interstate, one of whom is of Italian parentage, to try this more-than-average suburban eatery this week.
Much to my relief Cugini delivered the goods with bells on. Wait staff are friendly and chatty, as was one of the owners who we bumped into when leaving on the pavement outside.
We started with what I call pizza bianco (but they call pizzetta), essentially a pizza with just cheese and garlic divided between the five of us. Delicious. My partner and I both ordered a pizza capricciosa (large for him and small for me). I specified a thin base and that's how it arrived. Others ordered pasta gamberoni (fettucine with pancetta, garlic, prawns and anchovies) and pasta Cugini (salami, capsicum, chilli, tomato and cream). No room for dessert, but last visit I squeezed in the special, a divine crisp cannoli filled with fresh peach gelato sitting in a pool of Creme Anglaise.
The restaurant is very busy; bookings are essential. The first night I ate there was a Friday night; our large group (12) was booked for 7pm and we were rushed out at 8:30pm to make way for a second group which was a little disappointing - but understandable. Any restaurant in Tasmania that has to run two sittings is doing something right. The hard surfaces mean the area gets very noisy and there is also a constant stream of locals picking up take-away - the restaurant can get a little chilly on a cool night with the traffic through the front door, so take something warm to wear. The restaurant is licensed and BYO; $7 per bottle corkage is a little pricey if you're part of a couple but fine for a group.
Highly recommended; even the Italian was impressed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mooloolaba, Australia
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were staying at Seven Mile Beach and looking on Trip Advisor for restaurants nearby. Found Cugini and were not disappointed. We were lucky to get in on a Friday evening without a reservation. We were seated promptly by the window, the service was excellent. I had a seafood pizza which was probably the best pizza I have ever had, my husband had a seafood pasta dish which again was excellent. Would highly recommend, we will be back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Googled restaurants near Bellerive on Wednesday afternoon and went to Cugini for takeaway pizza. Friendly attentive staff greeted us and promptly took our order and advised the time our food would be ready. Came back to see our pizzas being cut ( perfect timing ), two vegetarian + chilli = pizza heaven!
Highly recommend - looking forward to going back for a sit down dinner.
P.S. would have uploaded a photo, but the pizza never had a chance (YUM!)

Visited January 2014
Tasmania, Australia
“Reliable and yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Been here twice with the family and the food is always great, lovely pizza, great pasta (I LOVE their gnocchi) and efficient, friendly wait staff. The place does get very noisy due to the floorboards, so not really the place for a quiet romantic dinner. It's always full, so don't forget to book.

• Visited December 2013