“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lusty Beg Island

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boa Island
Lusty Beg Island
You added Lusty Beg Island to your Saves list
BT93 8AD, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Boa Island B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
belfast
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

I was told by a friend to visit lusty beg as it was a great place to relax and stay... i went along with friend and my other half and the place was gorgeous, the lodges were lovely and the food was great. There was also a swimming pool and tennis court for time out to relax.. i would say to anyone to go and stay for the weekend and they will see what i am talking about.. the staff and management were brillant..

• Liked — comfortable and clean
  • Disliked — i liked everything
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2007

Spent a lovely weekend relaxing on this very tranquil and beautiful little Island. My partner and myself found the the accomodation to be top notch alongside fantastic food and great service. Would have no hestitation in reccommending Lusty Beg to anybody after a relaxing time to get away from the hustle of everyday life. Will be returning in the very near future.

• Liked — location/accomodation
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
criagavon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

A friend of mine had been talking about getting away for a weekend but didnt know were we should go, so we jumped onto the net and come up with lusty beg. We wanted to go somewere that we could have some family fun as my friend has a small child in addition somewhere we could have a few drinks with great sevice - and lusty beg give as all that.
Not only was our acommodation clean, but our hosts were friendly and helpful - transforming our experience into a series of wonderful memories.

• Liked — it was clean and ful of space
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2007

I spent a well deserved weekend break at Lusty with my better have. Our plan was to get out of the city and basically do nothing for the weekend.....and we enjoyed every minute of it.....

The accomadation was clean, comfortable and well above our expectations. The food was good and all the staff were pleasant and easy to approach with a welcoming atmosphere in the bar etc.

All that aside what made our weekend were the amazing views and surroundings.....so pleasing to know there is somewhere we can get away and enjoy what this country has to offer..

5 A Stars Lusty x

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Armagh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

Having had some time off decided to take myself off to Lusty Beg Island for a relaxing weekend... Turned out my weekend away was also someone's wedding day! however contrary to other reviews on here, i really enjoyed myself! the irish are very friendly! was made to feel really welcome. this is a family run business (i got talking to the owners!) and they made me feel like i was at a home from home! all the staff were more than helpful, giving 110%! The accommodation was very clean, quiet and set in beautiful scenery! would recommend this resort to all, for a nice quiet relaxing irish break away!

• Liked — Clean, friendly
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

I've been to Lusty Beg Island several times over the past year or so, mainly for weekends; I've stayed in the smaller lodges and the experience each time has been great. The accommodation was very comfortable and welcoming, the facilities are really good and the service in both the bar/restaurant and the house keeping are nothing short of perfect. I would recommend the island for anyone wanting a long weekend break wither as a couple, family or a small group of friends just going for something different. Top class - well done lusty crew!

• Liked — Location and views
  • Disliked — getting on a barge to get onto the island
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Derry
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

My family and I spent 4 nights on the island in one of the 5 star rated Inish lodges although how these have been rated so highly is a mystery to me.On arrival we entered the 3 bed lodge to find the floors very dirty and the dining table covered in food remnants.After complaining to reception cleaners arrived and did give the place a good going over but unfortunately the first impression was ruined.
The lodges themselves are very spacious and accommodate 6 easily but they have seen better days with the furniture and particularly the floors worn and in need of attention.Please do not expect a luxury 5 star experience or you will be sorely disappointed.
The ferry that takes you too the island can only carry 2 cars at a time so we aware of any weddings planned during your stay,we were unfortunate enough to arrive back just as a wedding party arrived and subsequently had to wait a full hour before being able to return to the island.
In summary the island is very nice but the accommodation really was a let down and I can't see me returning.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Jaded and not the standard advertised
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
FermanaghKeys, owner at Lusty Beg Island, responded to this review, December 16, 2007
I was very disappointed to learn of your negative experience on Lusty Beg. We have recently completed a total refurbishment programe of our Lodges and I think that when you look at the more recent reviews, all who visited were impressed. I hope that you will be able to visit us again and leave with a much more positive impression.

Been to Lusty Beg Island? Share your experiences!