“A good standard of hotel, with exceptionally helpful staff.” 3 of 5 stars

Eastwood Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mansfield Road, Eastwood NG16 3SS, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastwood
Paisley, United Kingdom
“A good standard of hotel, with exceptionally helpful staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed for business as a 24hour delegate for a conference.

Room adequate, even if it was a trek and magical mystery tour to find it.

Overall food was good and staff always found to be able to assist with minimal fuss.

• Stayed June 2013
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear PamelaW31

Thank you for your posting your review.

I am pleased to see that you found the team exceptionally helpful during your stay and that the food was good.

Andrew Wright, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This venue is well suited for large functions with several conference rooms. I was impressed with the amount of chill out space for guests. The bar was reasonably priced and the bar meals were good.

I agree with other reviewers that the rooms are a bit tired and could do with an upgrade. The TV was like something out of the 80s and the kettle took about 20 mins to boil. However, I had a fantastic nights sleep because the location is peaceful and the bed was very comfy.

Breakfast was good - although no salmon or porridge.

I think that the facilities and location more than make up for the lack of investment in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear tankgirl2008

Thank you for your posting your review following your recent stay at Eastwood Hall.

I am pleased to see that you had a peaceful stay with us. We are lucky to have such vast lounge spaces that overlook our gardens for guests to use. It is our intention that the refurbishment to the public areas that was completed last year will continue into the bedrooms later this year. We do offer Porridge from the Breakfast buffet each day, I will speak to the Breakfast team to ensure this is marked clearly on the buffet. We will consider offering Salmon when we next review our Breakfast standards.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Booked 3 rooms at Eastwood Hall for a night stay with family.
Very disappointed with rooms which are in need of refurbishment. My own room had a lamp thick with dust and large water stains all over the ceiling.
Breakfast was a farce with a 15 minute wait just to be seated, unhelpful staff and low quality food.
A beautiful setting tainted by poor service and rooms in need of some TLC.

• Stayed June 2013
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Addix10

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.

I would like to offer my apologies for the short comings you experienced during your stay. We carried out a refurbishment of our public areas last year and we are planning for this to continue in to the bedrooms later this year, having said that there are no excuses for a dusty lamp or marks on the ceiling. We do normally receive positive feed back regarding the service offered by the team, and the quality of the food at breakfast.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on 01773 532 532 so that I can get some more details from you regarding the above points.

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback. I hope to hear from you soon.

Bedford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I have just spent a night at the Eastwood Hall hotel on a Travelzoo deal - £79 bed breakfast dinner and bottle of wine in your room - great value.

On arrival the receptionist, seeing my husband walked with a stick, without being asked, arranged for us to have a ground floor room near to the restaurant and bar, rather than the room to which we had been allocate which I understood to be down a long corridor away from all the facilities.

The bottle of wine that had been placed in our original room was immediately brought to our new room, and we were able to take this into dinner and drink with our meal without any difficulty.

The room itself was very attractively furnished with an easy chair and desk and chair. The bed was a large king sized and very comfortable. There were additional pillows if required in the wardrobe. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and the shower was very powerful and easy to operate. There was a shower panel rather than a shower curtain which I always prefer.

The bath towels were a very good size and very clean.

The leisure facilities were great with towels provided. A good sized pool, a really hot Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Just a small point - a swimsuit spin dryer would be a useful addition to the changing room to avoid the dripping swimsuits over the bath.

The restaurant was very attractively decorated and the tables were not too close together. The food was well presented and there was a good choice on the menu.

Breakfast was buffet style and a member of staff ensured we were seated close to the buffet so it would not be too far for my husband to walk.

There was a great selection of food for breakfast, the cooked options were all hot and the fried bread was delicious.

The hotel is located within a large park with mature trees surrounding it and there is an outdoor area off the bar and restaurant which would be a pleasant place to sit weather permitting.

Every member of staff we met were uniformly polite and helpful, a credit to the hotel.

All in all we had a really great stay and would most certainly be happy to return if another good deal appears on Travelzoo!!

Room Tip: Request a room near to the restaurant if you don't want a long walk each time
Dear bigtrippertoo

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at Eastwood Hall and for the full 5 marks!.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with, and that you describe us a “wonderful hotel”. I’m pleased the team were able to offer you a bedroom close to the Restaurant, and the Restaurant team allocated you a table close to the buffet given your husbands walking difficulties.

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback, and hope that you will return to Eastwood Hall again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

we purchased a 2 night stay on Groupon and we were not disappointed!
the staff were very helpful and friendly and the room had everything that we needed!

we ate in the restaurant both evenings and had lovely meals and the breakfast was also very good.

we found it a little strange that the bar was not open during the day until 4pm and that there was only room service available (at a charge of £5 per order) for any food during the day. also the vending machines in the Leisure club were empty and not working, which was a little annoying.

the facilities at the leisure club were well maintained, although it was obvious that the floor around the swimming pool was not cleaned as i spied a used sticky plaster on the tiles for 3 days in the same place!
the pool itself was a great size and the water temperature was pleasing.

overall we had a lovely, relaxing stay and enjoyed the rural location of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear clp1981

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to see that you think we are “a great place to get away”, and that you had the opportunity to make use of the leisure club during your stay as it is the ideal place to relax after a busy day. I have passed your kind comments about the food to the kitchen team.

I must apologise for the cleanliness of the pool side, this is not acceptable and I can assure you that we have updated our cleaning schedule and checking process to ensure that this does not re occur moving forward.

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again at Eastwood Hall in the near future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My partner recently booked a 2 night break including breakfast and dinner on both nights as a surprise for me.
The hotel grounds are beautiful and luckily the weather was great so we could sit outside.
Our room was ok, nothing fabulous but never the less is had everything we needed and it was actually quite large! It was nice to have a small sofa in there as well as an armchair.
We were at the far end of the hotel so it was quite a walk to the bar and restaurant. We didn't mind this though as there was a wedding on both nights and we were well away from the noise!
The restaurant is lovely and all the staff were great. The menu is quite small but I was stuck for choice as there are lots of lovely things on there.
The breakfast was always great. The usual buffet style with lots of choice. Although there were no mushrooms..... not the end of the world, but I do like a mushroom with my cooked breaky ;-)
We ventured out into Eastwood...... I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing this.... its not a great place! However we did go to The Hayloft in Giltbrook on the Friday night. This is a nice pub if you fancy getting out of the hotel.
All in all we really enjoyed out stay.

Dear lucie_1009

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the restaurant “lovely” we completed a full refurbishment of this area last year and it has made a huge difference to the dining experience. We will consider your comments regarding the amount of choice on offer and also the addition of Mushrooms to our breakfast offering.

We do wherever possible allocate guests away from the wedding parties, this does lead to a slightly longer walk to your bedroom, but does minimise the chances of being disturbed.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I bought an overnight stay with DBB for my friend's birthday with Groupon, very good value. Hotel is beautiful looking and the grounds are gorgeous, rooms are nice, clean and spacious however unfortunately the walls are thin and you can hear everything, not the hotel's fault but sadly not all guests are respectful as others. Pool and leisure facilities are lovely, although we did find the jacuzzi a bit overwarm. There was a wedding on at the same time as we stayed, however there was plenty of space to sit and relax and our dinner was served very quickly and the food was really great. All the staff were friendly and helpful and I have to say that the lady (I think it was Susan) who met us at breakfast was really lovely and coped well, particularly with a guest who was being very challenging, as did the Manager that morning, it was very busy but the staff worked tirelessly clearing tables and getting more food out, it is a buffet breakfast and it was lovely (just sad there was no mushrooms, but that's only a personal choice). My friend and i really enjoyed the break and i would definitely stay here again. Big thanks to the restaurant staff who under pressure were faultless.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear SammiV

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us, we are lucky to be situated in the middle of 26 acres and the Gardeners do a great job in maintaining the grounds. I have passed your comments on to Susan and the rest of the restaurant team, I know Susan will be delighted to have your thanks.

I have asked our Leisure team to monitor the temperature of the Jacuzzi more frequently to ensure that it is maintaining the correct temperature.

Andrew Wright, General Manager

Been to Eastwood Hall? Share your experiences!