“Enjoyable work's event” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastwood
Leicester England
“Enjoyable work's event”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night whilst attending a 2 day training event for work.

The main building incorporates a number of function rooms, with shared refreshment areas. In addition, the bar, restaurant and adjoining leisure facilities are also located in the main building. The bedrooms are located to the rear and can be accessed internally or via a short walk outside.

The bedrooms are adequate and clean. The approach via the rear car park (especially on a dark evening) doesn't lift the spirits. The rooms don't feel as inviting as some hotels and are a little dated.

Although I didn't use the leisure facilities they appeared busy and would be a bonus for anyone staying here with some time on their hands.

I thought the food (and choice) was very good. I'm not sure how anyone could criticise the food, the meals in the day and during the evening were of a high standard, served by attentive, efficient and polite staff.

Overall I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the bedrooms to be clean. We are due to continue with our refurbishment plans next year which includes the bedrooms.

I have passed your very positive comments regarding the quality of the food and the service team to our Head Chef & Restaurant Manager to ensure their teams are aware.

Once again thank you for positing the review and we look forward to seeing at Eastwood Hall again in the future.

Andrew Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I paid an amazing £63 inc Breakfast

does not get any better and always a first choice when booking for my buiness visits nearby.

Summer is stunning Winter just warm and inviting

Stay you will never be dissapointed I havent

Room Tip: Just let great girls and boys do their job cos they do it soooo well.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we are your first choice when staying in the area for business.

We look forward to seeing at Eastwood Hall again in the future.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I can only review this hotel from the point of view of having found it on the internet as an ideal place for a very special family weekend celebration. After being promised twice over a period of more than three weeks that they would post a hard copy brochure immediately to my internet - free elderly parents, I contacted them a third time to say that I would find an alternative venue. Looks like it could have been a lucky escape....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Sunbeam

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am sorry that you feel you have been ignored by the venue. However I am perplexed by your comments as we do not have a hard copy of a brochure that would be suitable for your request as outllined in your feedback.

I have been through all of the enquiries that we have received over the last four weeks and I am unable to find anything that matches the description of your family event. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly with the details so that I am able to look into this further for you.

Kind regards

Montacute, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Once again had excellent service from Eastwood Hall staff. Hotel very good, clean and no shoddy decor. Bedrooms more than adequate.
Breakfast is as good as anyone could want.
Plenty of Parking.
Staff are very polite knowledgeable and friendly.
Although it is also a conference centre and also have weddings - it has never affected us, soundproofing must be A1.
Acres of lovely grounds
Going again next weekend

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, should you be worried about wedding/conference 'noise' - we have never...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear TheFlyingScot4472

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I am pleased to read that you are due to visit again in such a short space of time.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Kings Lynn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Firstly, don't believe the photo's on their website, you won't be staying there. The hotel is a conference centre and hotel to the right of the hall in the photo's. As a hotel it's fine, the rooms are large and clean, bathrooms are good. There are also large open public areas and sometimes there is access to tea and coffee making facilities in these areas, but more often they are closed off behind curtains. I never worked out if they were for general guest use or just for people attending conferences. It was particularly cold when we visited and the heating in the room was inadequate. And then came breakfast on our first of 4 mornings. We approached the dinning room and were greeted by a lady asking for our room number and then we were shown to a table, except there were no tables laid and so we were sent off to "Look at the food" while she laid a table. By the time we returned a table had been laid, but by now there was a long queue of people waiting to be seated and total chaos ensued. I had to ask for coffee and was grunted at by a waitress. My wife tried to complain to a man who appeared to be in charge, but he walked away while she was talking to him. The woman who seated us asked me if we had everything we needed and I replied that we did and had asked for some coffee, to which she responded "Well if you've asked for it, it will come". There was not much food and the hot food was at best luke warm. The second morning was a bit better and the third was considerably better. Because of the breakfast service, we elected not to eat dinner in the hotel on any of the 3 nights we stayed. Oh, and ask for the gate exit code or you will end up pressing buttons frantically trying to get someone to open it for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew S

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do benefit from having larger than average bedrooms and bathrooms and I was pleased to read you found the hotel clean and spacious. The coffee buffet points through out the lounge areas are provided on a complimentary basis for our conference delegates to use while attending events in the hotel.

The bedrooms all have individual controls on the radiators that are able to control the temperature of the room. I have investigated the comments you have made regarding the service at breakfast and this is very unusual as we get very positive comments from our guests regarding the service from our breakfast team. I was pleased to read that the service at breakfast on the following mornings was much improved.

Once again thank you for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Eastwood Hall in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My stay in this hotel was most pleasant. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.
We were quite a distance from the main part of the hotel but so what, it is a very large hotel and a walk to the restraunt was very well worth it as the food was delicious.
The staff were the friendliest people I have met in a long time, they couldnt do enough for us.
We were also given tickets to visit Chatsworth House in this deal.
I would recommend this hotel as my experience of it was nothing but pleasurable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you taking the time to post your review and the full 5 marks!

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasurable stay with us, and you found the team to be very friendly, the team will be happy to see your comments as they work very hard to offer our guests an enjoyable stay.

The Chef and his team will be pleased to see your comments that the food was delicious.

We are ideally located for guests wanting the Peak District and Chatsworth House, and we do offer short breaks with the tickets to Chatsworth House included.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Eastwood Hall in the near future.

Kind Regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times now for business conferences, most recently for 2 nights in earlier this month. It has excellent conference facilities and the bedrooms are fine for simply grabbing a night's sleep, but it is essentially functional and not a place I'd visit for pleasure or leisure.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you taking the time to post your review

I was pleased to read that you found our conference & meeting facilities to be excellent. We completed the ground floor refurbishment just over 12 months ago and we have plans for this work to continue into the bedrooms during 2013.

I was disappointed to read that you would not consider staying with us for a leisure break. We are ideally located for visiting Nottinghamshire and the Peak District with a number of attractions within a short drive.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Eastwood Hall in the near future.

Kind Regards

Andrew Wright

Been to Eastwood Hall? Share your experiences!