Petit St. Vincent is a place that I have had dreams about and never thought actually existed. After extensive research into various islands, my husband and I chose PSV as our perfect honeymoon location. This is not your typical “all inclusive resort.” If you are use to going to sandals as an all inclusive stay, PSV may not be for you. We wanted seclusion, privacy, great food, and a lifetime of memories. All of those things were met and even exceeded. There is no true way to express the beauty of this small private island. We almost feel a bond with all of the others that have been there because you can only truly understand once you have been there yourself.
On arrival we met one of the men that helps run the island, Otnel. He is your go to man for any questions or any history you want about the island. We got a tour on the mini moke (small car on the island) and then were brought to our cottage (#17). We requested a cottage that was not close to other cottages. We felt right at home! Beautiful is an understatement. We walked down the steps to our private section of the beach and were blown away. We were living in a dream for 8 days.
You could honestly go your entire stay without seeing a single person if that is what you wanted. All of your meals can be delivered directly to your cottage. Meeting people is part of the fun, for us at least, so we made our way to the restaurant and beach bar each day. The staff is amazing and so friendly. They pay attention to detail and make you feel special. We loved the conch fritters at the beach bar and one of the servers asked the chef to cook us creole conch because he thought we might like it. We requested that two of the servers join us for dinner on their night off as a token of our appreciation for making our trip so perfect.
One of our favorite events of the week was the cocktail party and the BBQ on the beach. We got to mingle with the other guests and meet a few of the owners of the island. The cocktail party takes place at the owner’s home on the island and the BBQ hosts a steel drum band from a neighboring island. PSV is such a unique place that seems to attract only a certain types of people. Each individual was so interesting and only added to the unforgettable experience.
The beach and the water are divine. I have never seen anything like it! We took advantage of the private sections on the beach and I learned the hard way just how powerful the sun is in comparison to where we are from! Luckily, aloe grows wild on the island. Right outside our cabin we had several aloe plants that nursed me right back to health and I was able to get back in the sun again! Just in time for our trip to Tobago Cays with Jeff.
Jeff is one of the neatest people you will meet while on the island. We spent most of our nights talking with Jeff about his journey that led him to be the captain of beauty at PSV. We left in the morning for an amazing excursion that would take us out to a protected area where we were then able to swim with turtles and snorkel. If you are not use to sailing, take Dramamine ahead of time. It can be a little uneasy on the stomach! After our adventure we got back to the ship, beauty, and were fed the most amazing meal. Fresh lamb, tuna, shrimp…just pure perfection. On the way back to PSV we were able to get cozy on the front of the ship in beanbag chairs while we sipped on rum punch. Again, the experience was so surreal and you can only begin to understand if you have been there.
Needless to say, our stay at PSV was beyond what we ever could have expected. We now would like to sell everything that we own so we can return year after year! A few recommendations for future guests; bring sunscreen and apply each day, wear long pants or dresses at night to avoid bug bites, and lastly, book a private charter with Mustique Airways to take you from Barbados to Union Island. It costs about $60 more per person but you will be the only passengers on the small flight and will not need to pick up or drop off other passengers on other surrounding islands. PSV is a special place and very dear to our hearts. Not only because it was our honeymoon but because of what we took away from the experience, the people, the beauty. We soaked in all it had to offer each day and never once took it for granted. We are truly blessed to have been able to spend a week of our life there, and while we hope we can return there again one day, we will always have that week that we lived on the most beautiful place on this planet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Petit St Vincent is a luxurious private island paradise, tucked away in the Grenadine islands of the West Indies, a tropical barefoot hideaway offering guests the rare chance to unplug from the normal day to day urban technological clutch.Aside from offering opulent comforts, ultimate privacy and an understated yet attentive service, there exists a conspicuous and deliberate absence of connectivity to the outside world: no TV’s, phones or internet in the beach front villas and elevated bluff cottages, encouraging you to unwind, relax and enjoy each other’s company without any unwanted distractions. With 115 acres of natural tropical woodlands and just 22 guest cottages, seclusion is guaranteed. Each beautifully designed guest cottage is decorated in marine shades and tangled driftwood furnishings reflecting the island’s uncluttered vibe. This elegant but unpretentious boutique island resort is surrounded by clear turquoise waters, rich tropical reefs and 2 miles of stunning white-sand beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Petit St. Vincent Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit St. Vincent Hotel Petit St.Vincent
- Petit Hotel St Vincent
- Petit St. Vincent Resort St. Vincent And The Grenadines, Caribbean