I really don’t know where to begin….. Or how to describe it….. And let me preface this by saying that we just finished 7 days on PSV. So I may be drinking the kool-aid; but I am pretty sure you will be too after your first time on this island.
The following is my best attempt to convey to you the essence of PSV but even my best attempt will most certainly fall short. I am just so pleasantly surprised a place like this exists. PSV is timeless, nostalgic, tranquil, private, pampering, culturally intoxicating and the views are exhaustingly breathtaking. The service is impeccable and the property is staffed by islanders who truly care about your experience. The staff are unquestionably committed to the guest experience and they are happy to offer a peak into their cultural and lifestyle if you care to learn more about this wonderful country and its people.
And yet the island has remained virtually unknown for 65 years to only but a select few who have been lucky enough to “stumble” upon it. My understanding is that most of the guests have been repeat visitors coming here for years. I plan to as well.
The island is all cottages that are pretty well spaced and private. We walked around the island several times and all of the cottages seemed to have great views; most are direct waterfront. I was told the cottages were remodeled recently. Ours was very nice but we didn’t spend much time in the room. (Though we had breakfast delivered and ate on our deck most mornings.) We stayed in Cottage 1 which is situated on a bluff overlooking the water with an unbelievable direct view of the sunset. You kinda have to see it to believe it.
The PSV management team is world class. They are accessible, outgoing, friendly and unequivocally professional. We were accommodated on every request. Their professionalism seems to have permeated through the staff. Again, the staff is amazing. You can tell because it feels like family. It is not contrived or fabricated. The formula works. I sincerely hope that that aspect never changes.
Most of the food is locally or regionally sourced. I had fresh locally caught fish almost every night. In fact one of the staff members took me along on one of his spear fishing dives. (The guy is from the Grenadines; he was raised fishing; etc. It’s in his blood. I watched him dive 40ft with just a mask and snorkel and spear a fish. It’s ridiculous. If you go, go spear fishing with him. Trust me.) But I digress. The food is excellent. I am from NYC and go out to eat regularly. I have a reasonably good taste. The food is excellent. Management throws various events on different days / nights to mix things up. (i.e. beach bbq, Caribbean night, etc.) We had fun at all of the events and the food stayed consistently excellent despite the event format. Oh the food at the beach barbeque is amazing. We had the locally caught yellowfin tuna and the shrimp. You’ll know what I am talking about when you go.
PSV is an experience.
If you are into nightclubs and are looking to crush it and hook up every night, this place is absolutely not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Petit St Vincent is a luxurious private island paradise, tucked away in the Grenadine islands of the West Indies, a tropical barefoot hideaway offering guests the rare chance to unplug from the normal day to day urban technological clutch.Aside from offering opulent comforts, ultimate privacy and an understated yet attentive service, there exists a conspicuous and deliberate absence of connectivity to the outside world: no TV’s, phones or internet in the beach front villas and elevated bluff cottages, encouraging you to unwind, relax and enjoy each other’s company without any unwanted distractions. With 115 acres of natural tropical woodlands and just 22 guest cottages, seclusion is guaranteed. Each beautifully designed guest cottage is decorated in marine shades and tangled driftwood furnishings reflecting the island’s uncluttered vibe. This elegant but unpretentious boutique island resort is surrounded by clear turquoise waters, rich tropical reefs and 2 miles of stunning white-sand beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Petit St. Vincent Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit St. Vincent Hotel Petit St.Vincent
- Petit Hotel St Vincent
- Petit St. Vincent Resort St. Vincent And The Grenadines, Caribbean