“Spectacular” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I really don’t know where to begin….. Or how to describe it….. And let me preface this by saying that we just finished 7 days on PSV. So I may be drinking the kool-aid; but I am pretty sure you will be too after your first time on this island.
The following is my best attempt to convey to you the essence of PSV but even my best attempt will most certainly fall short. I am just so pleasantly surprised a place like this exists. PSV is timeless, nostalgic, tranquil, private, pampering, culturally intoxicating and the views are exhaustingly breathtaking. The service is impeccable and the property is staffed by islanders who truly care about your experience. The staff are unquestionably committed to the guest experience and they are happy to offer a peak into their cultural and lifestyle if you care to learn more about this wonderful country and its people.
And yet the island has remained virtually unknown for 65 years to only but a select few who have been lucky enough to “stumble” upon it. My understanding is that most of the guests have been repeat visitors coming here for years. I plan to as well.
The island is all cottages that are pretty well spaced and private. We walked around the island several times and all of the cottages seemed to have great views; most are direct waterfront. I was told the cottages were remodeled recently. Ours was very nice but we didn’t spend much time in the room. (Though we had breakfast delivered and ate on our deck most mornings.) We stayed in Cottage 1 which is situated on a bluff overlooking the water with an unbelievable direct view of the sunset. You kinda have to see it to believe it.
The PSV management team is world class. They are accessible, outgoing, friendly and unequivocally professional. We were accommodated on every request. Their professionalism seems to have permeated through the staff. Again, the staff is amazing. You can tell because it feels like family. It is not contrived or fabricated. The formula works. I sincerely hope that that aspect never changes.
Most of the food is locally or regionally sourced. I had fresh locally caught fish almost every night. In fact one of the staff members took me along on one of his spear fishing dives. (The guy is from the Grenadines; he was raised fishing; etc. It’s in his blood. I watched him dive 40ft with just a mask and snorkel and spear a fish. It’s ridiculous. If you go, go spear fishing with him. Trust me.) But I digress. The food is excellent. I am from NYC and go out to eat regularly. I have a reasonably good taste. The food is excellent. Management throws various events on different days / nights to mix things up. (i.e. beach bbq, Caribbean night, etc.) We had fun at all of the events and the food stayed consistently excellent despite the event format. Oh the food at the beach barbeque is amazing. We had the locally caught yellowfin tuna and the shrimp. You’ll know what I am talking about when you go.
PSV is an experience.
If you are into nightclubs and are looking to crush it and hook up every night, this place is absolutely not for you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have been fortunate enough to travel quite a bit over the years and after almost every trip I think "that was great, but it is really great to be home, too". Not after our trip to PSV! Because PSV feels like home in the most perfect setting you can imagine. Oh, and with gourmet food.

Yes, the setting is amazing. I have never seen more beautiful water--azure, turquoise, and teal bleeding into deep marine blue. Truly spectacular. You could stare at it all day long with your toes buried in the soft white sugar sand. And yes, the rooms are so luxurious that you are tempted not to go outside (but you will). And of course, the amenities are perfect. You have your own Nespresso machine and fresh cookies delivered daily for heaven's sake.

But what is really impressive about PSV, what sets it so far above other fabulous resorts, is the staff. Mind you, they are never intrusive and if you don't want to see a living soul for your whole visit, you don't have to. I'm not of that ilk. I'm demanding. The staff takes fabulous care of you from the moment you step onto the dock, and always with a smile. They learn your name and your favorite table, they inquire about your sailing trip that day, and they seem to know what you need before you know it. They are knowledgeable, helpful, and absolutely charming.

Some musts--a snorkeling trip to the Tabago Cays on Beauty, a picnic lunch at Sandy Cay (luxe castaway, all the way!), a lazy day on the beach at the West End with daiquiris delivered on demand direct to your palapa, yoga in both of the (two!) beach side yoga pavilions, the best goat cheese and spinach omelette EVER.

And best for last, a candlelight dinner on the beach. This was truly a once in a lifetime experience. The staff thoughtfully discussed the best location for our meal--where would we have the best views, but not too much wind, etc., etc. We ordered our dinner from the menu, but if we had wanted something special, the kitchen would have done that, too. We arrived at the beach in our little Moke to find a candlelit path leading to the oceanside table set with crystal and Frette linens. Waiters with trays aloft worked their way across the sand to give us 5-star service. Every mouthful of food was sensational, even with all the effort it took to get it to us. And for the finale, a specially made and decorated cake for dessert. And no, my husband didn't order it. He was as surprised as I was!

So believe me when I say, I did not want to leave. I even felt a little teary when I said goodbye to some of the staff I had really come to adore, and trust me, I am not the sentimental type. I can't wait to go back again, and soon. And I only just got home!

We all need a little PSV in our lives!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We loved PSV. It was amazing! It does end up being an expensive trip after you factor in the VAT & service fees, plus the boat and island hopper transfers, in addition to your regular flight to Barbados. Excursions are an additional charge as well. But it was definitely worth it and we intend to go back one day (probably not for a while though).

We did a private fishing trip and the picnic on Mopion Island and loved both. They cooked us some of the fish we caught for dinner. I wish we had taken the snorkeling trip to Tabago Cays - the lady booking the excurisions was unenthusiastic and not very descriptive so we didn't see how nice Tabago Cays is until we read about it and saw pictures in the in-flight magazine on our way back home! Other than that, we did lots of kayaking and snorkeling off the island itself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I had 2 weeks here at PSV! Wow what a special place! My boyfriend has been there 18 times, but it was my first time. The staff and everyone there are super friendly and ready to wait on you hand and feet. we will return in March. We went Ina private sail trip to Tobago Cays which was spectacular!! I cried when I left, it is such a beautiful and special place and now has a place in my heart for ever. Thanks. PSV!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Frenchtown, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

During a sailing trip of the Grenadines, we anchored off Petit St Vincent for a few hours, right in front of the resort's outdoor bar and restuarant. The resort is kind enough to allow visitors to dock at their dingy pier and visit the island, take a walking tour and have a cocktail at their outdoor bar. The place is spectacular - a paradise within paradise. The grounds are gorgeous, the resort is top notch, the ameneties are wonderful. The staff was lovely to a couple of well-salted sailors who were definitely not dressed to their standards, and allowed us to peek into an unoccupied cabin (gorgeous) and have a drink at the outdoor bar (hard to imagine a more beautiful venue). Easy sailing to the Tobago Cays, Petit Martinique and other islands. Gorgeous clear water. I'm already planning a 15th anniversary trip back to this extraordinary spot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Georges
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have had the opportunity to enjoy PSV twice in the past year, and it is quite a spectacular place without rival that I have ever visited in the Caribbean.
I live in the Caribbean, and know how hard it is to keep things dust, sand, salt, and bug free in an environment where all the doors, and windows are often open to the elements, so I have no idea how the staff manage to keep their rooms as perfect as they are. To say that they are spotless is in this case not an exaggeration. They are perfectly clean, and attention is paid to the very last detail. The towels, linens, and beds are of the highest quality, and beyond what you might expect from a beach bungalow. I'd describe the rooms as tastefully elegant, no TV but with the view out your windows,and sliding doors, you wont miss it a bit!
What sets any great location apart is the staff, and the staff at PSV go above and beyond what you might ever expect. They are attentive, and will do their upmost to accommodate your every request and need, yet they will also offer the privacy that could well guarantee that it is possible to not see a staff member between your check in and check out. Their flag system for room service may seem quaint and cute, but it is effective, and reliable as well.
The location...simply perfect. Crystal blue waters of more shades of blue than you could describe. The trade winds make the winward side of the island perfect for flatwater windsurfing and kiteboarding on the flat water inside the reef. The protected clear waters inside the reef are perfect for snorkling, and there is an abundance of fish and marine life to see. There are many secluded locations along the vast beaches with hammocks, and beach chairs to just chill and relax as well. These locations are serviced by the staff by way of their flag system, so you can order food and drinks to your hideaway, or just ask to be left alone. The beaches are pristine, and exactly what you might imagine in your mind's eye when you think of the perfect deserted Caribbean beach.
I had not tried the spa facilities, but did meet the staff, and they are extremely warm and inviting. Maybe next time...
The beach restaurant and bar, is quite literally on the beach. Tables and chairs are on the sand right next to the sea. This is a great spot with so many seating options for couples or groups. Lounge chairs, built in concrete benches, bar stools, director style chairs there is a setting perfect for every group and taste, but it doesn't look disorganized, or a jumble. It works and flows very well. The beach restaurant was described to me but I couldn't conceive of how "cool" it really is.
PSV is a bit off the beaten path, but I can't imagine anyone not falling in love with it. It is the perfect place to kick back, fully relax, and decompress. If you are looking for a Spring Break type party location where you need to be entertained by shows and other distractions then this
is not the place for you, but if you are looking for the definitive place for privacy and seclusion in an absolutely idyllic location, then you have found it.

Room Tip: I've stayed at both the beach front rooms, and a cliff view room, and don't have a preferenc...