We stayed at a fabulous place in Tangalle (Mangrove Chalets), but we had to leave to find somewhere with AC/swimming pool as just too hot for both us and our son. In Mirissa, I enquired at Paradise Beach and despite the invasion of the barmy army, they had a family room for us. I think the room was VERY expensive for what it was (around £125 for two nights), and the management were pretty 'offhand' (to put it politely), but we would have accepted anything cool at that stage. To be fair the pool, though busy, was a welcome relief, but the staff were generally slack and the obligatory HB was just a joke in terms of quality / choice. We made sure we had a 'nice' meal at one of the beach restaurants during the day, and then just picked at what we could in the evening. What was left I should say, as we've never been ones to join a buffet scrum.
To be fair, the room was mainly clean and on two levels like a little house (hence the price), but otherwise not so much to recommend this hotel. We were intrigued by the notice in the staff office about putting tips in a box when you leave, rather than tipping individuals, as 'certain' members of the hotel staff were upset about never being tipped. One couldn't help thinking it was the managers who wrote it. So we tipped the people who helped us directly and put something very small in the box.
We enjoyed our stay here, the bay is beautiful, but the hotel seems to be both lazily/greedily run and the compulsory HB belongs to 1980s school skiing holidays..
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Club Hotel
- Paradise Beach Club Hotel Mirissa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Beach Club is located in Mirissa Bay, is renowned for its sandy stretch of beach and as a great spot for surfing. Facilities guests can enjoy at the hotel include a pool and a restaurant with a magnificent view of the blue Indian Ocean. Paradise Beach Club offers stays for independent travelers, couples on romantic getaways and families alike. Its location in Mirissa ensures that guests can get the best of the beach and safari parks as well. Situated in Paradise Island, Sri Lanka and by the beach, is more than we can ask for; hence we are Paradise Beach Club. We offer the best in sun and surf to our guests and a memorable and comfortable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Paradise Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.