Had a wonderful relaxing stay at the resort over 3 nights. Enjoyed the convenience of being close to the wine region in Margaret River and then to come back to the calming walks along the beach. The thing that soured it a little was the service in the bar being a somewhat lacklustre experience. First night was good as the bar was quite empty however with the advent of the weekend things were a little less enjoyable to the extent that we decided not to come back for the same the following night. We paid over the top pricing for a burger that upon reflection was missing some things that were mentioned on the menu as being included. Had breakfast on the Sunday morning and whilst the restaurant was not full it was busy, the down side seemed to be that there was no one making sure things were running smoothly. I had to ask a second time for a pot of coffee, I ordered poached eggs that took close to 20 minutes and only came out after I enquired about them. We were then presented with 2 orders where I had only requested a single serve. The buffet breakfast as presented was very nice.
On the other issue about service our rooms was not that well serviced, bed poorly made. We did think the staff very pleasant and helpful they just didn't get the little things that can make this place a truly great stay and differentiate it from the rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchanting Pullman Bunker Bay Resort is an idyllic 5-star retreat 3 hours south of Perth in the heart of Western Australia's picturesque, world renowned Margaret River wine region. This luxurious oasis is nestled on the pure white sands and azure waters of tranquil Bunker Bay and spans 35 acres of beautifully landscaped native gardens, bordered by the Cape Naturaliste National Park. The resort offers 150 luxuriously appointed studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas in contemporary Australian style; natural local materials have been used wherever possible and internal finishes include sandstone, Jarrah timber floors and limestone feature walls. All villas offer a choice of garden or lake views and private courtyard or deck. Resort facilities and services include 24-hour reception, concierge and room service, complimentary WiFi in common areas, heated infinity-edge swimming pool, tennis court, gymnasium and playground with BBQ picnic area. Other Side of the Moon Restaurant presents distinctly "Modern Australian" menu a choice of alfresco or indoor dining with superb Indian Ocean vistas. Also overlooking the water is Bunker Bay Bistro & Bar, ideal for casual dining and cocktails with friends and family. Both venues are complemented by an impressive wine list showcasing local favourites. The resort's award-winning health and rejuvenation day spa, Vie Spa, offers luxe treatments that echo the relaxed, natural feel of its secluded South-West location. Each of the 6 spa suites features the beauty of natural light with the privacy of your own secluded courtyard and personal shower. Alternatively, 2 'couple's suites' are available, perfect for romantic shared experiences. With recreation in mind, the resort also offers complimentary weekly activities for adults and children, including yoga, wine tastings and arts and crafts. Local attractions abound with 90+ superb wineries and cellar doors just moments away, alongside a plethora of natural attractions and unique activities including art and craft galleries, magical Ngilgi Cave, the Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse and seasonal whale-watching and wildflower tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Splendia and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Resort Bunker Bay Hotel Naturaliste
- Quay West Hotel Bunker Bay
- Quay West Naturaliste
- Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region Australia/Western Australia