Just returned from a 2 x Night break at Pullman Resort Bunker Bay.
We had 2 x rooms to accommodate our party , a studio lake view and 2 bed villa .
Firstly the location with private access to the beach at Bunker Bay is stunning with a nice pool overlooking the Bay.
Our two bed villa was very nice and worthy of 5 stars however i found our outside terrace somewhat disappointing in the fact it completely lacked privacy . Two walls either side ( Left and right ) form a petition between your terrace and the neighbours with open front so its inevitable you will stumble across your neighbours at some point during your stay .
The view from our terrace was also most unflattering , looking directly into the window of the villa opposite , note , there are no curtains , a big big let down considering the high standard of the villa.
In contrast the studio villa on the lake have an enclosed balcony overlooking the lake which is by far more personal and private with a nice view.
Few issues it would seem with housekeeping too , on returning to our room following breakfast on our first morning we found our Terrace door wide open , on check in at the Studio villa we discovered a used plaster on the bathroom floor.
Great wildlife close up too , on our last night we were visited regularly by a rat on our Terrace.
Be prepared for very long waits in the restaurant and bar , food is pricey and quality and service definitely does not reflect the prices being charged , some confusion with the bar service too ?
Room service is almost the same menu as the restaurant with similar prices , so not much of an alternative option.
Breakfast is average , but again with below par service , nice sat outside with great views .
Upon check out i was given a bill to pay from someone else's room .
All in all not what you would expect from a 5 star resort , certainly nothing compared to that of 5 star resorts in Asia.
A great location with nice accommodation , this resort has huge potential but is more 3 star than 5 .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchanting Pullman Bunker Bay Resort is an idyllic 5-star retreat 3 hours south of Perth in the heart of Western Australia's picturesque, world renowned Margaret River wine region. This luxurious oasis is nestled on the pure white sands and azure waters of tranquil Bunker Bay and spans 35 acres of beautifully landscaped native gardens, bordered by the Cape Naturaliste National Park. The resort offers 150 luxuriously appointed studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas in contemporary Australian style; natural local materials have been used wherever possible and internal finishes include sandstone, Jarrah timber floors and limestone feature walls. All villas offer a choice of garden or lake views and private courtyard or deck. Resort facilities and services include 24-hour reception, concierge and room service, complimentary WiFi in common areas, heated infinity-edge swimming pool, tennis court, gymnasium and playground with BBQ picnic area. Other Side of the Moon Restaurant presents distinctly "Modern Australian" menu a choice of alfresco or indoor dining with superb Indian Ocean vistas. Also overlooking the water is Bunker Bay Bistro & Bar, ideal for casual dining and cocktails with friends and family. Both venues are complemented by an impressive wine list showcasing local favourites. The resort's award-winning health and rejuvenation day spa, Vie Spa, offers luxe treatments that echo the relaxed, natural feel of its secluded South-West location. Each of the 6 spa suites features the beauty of natural light with the privacy of your own secluded courtyard and personal shower. Alternatively, 2 'couple's suites' are available, perfect for romantic shared experiences. With recreation in mind, the resort also offers complimentary weekly activities for adults and children, including yoga, wine tastings and arts and crafts. Local attractions abound with 90+ superb wineries and cellar doors just moments away, alongside a plethora of natural attractions and unique activities including art and craft galleries, magical Ngilgi Cave, the Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse and seasonal whale-watching and wildflower tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Resort Bunker Bay Hotel Naturaliste
- Quay West Hotel Bunker Bay
- Quay West Naturaliste
- Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region Australia/Western Australia