The Good: beautiful beach and bay, the Cape is marvellous, smart, spacious accommodation (we had a two bedroom bungalow) with handsome bathrooms, good restaurant for evening meal and excellent buffet breakfast included in 'delicious escape' rate, overworked but friendly restaurant staff.
The Bad: outside front door and rear patio of bungalow needed sweeping of accumulated dead beetles and droppings, this is not as bad as it may sound, the bungalows are in a rural situation so insects etc are inevitable but a minute's work would create a much better first impression. Lighting could maybe be improved, it wasn't easy to see the paths after dark. Not cheap but, as it was full, nobody seems to mind.
The Ugly: nothing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchanting Pullman Bunker Bay Resort is an idyllic 5-star retreat 3 hours south of Perth in the heart of Western Australia's picturesque, world renowned Margaret River wine region. This luxurious oasis is nestled on the pure white sands and azure waters of tranquil Bunker Bay and spans 35 acres of beautifully landscaped native gardens, bordered by the Cape Naturaliste National Park. The resort offers 150 luxuriously appointed studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas in contemporary Australian style; natural local materials have been used wherever possible and internal finishes include sandstone, Jarrah timber floors and limestone feature walls. All villas offer a choice of garden or lake views and private courtyard or deck. Resort facilities and services include 24-hour reception, concierge and room service, complimentary WiFi in common areas, heated infinity-edge swimming pool, tennis court, gymnasium and playground with BBQ picnic area. Other Side of the Moon Restaurant presents distinctly "Modern Australian" menu a choice of alfresco or indoor dining with superb Indian Ocean vistas. Also overlooking the water is Bunker Bay Bistro & Bar, ideal for casual dining and cocktails with friends and family. Both venues are complemented by an impressive wine list showcasing local favourites. The resort's award-winning health and rejuvenation day spa, Vie Spa, offers luxe treatments that echo the relaxed, natural feel of its secluded South-West location. Each of the 6 spa suites features the beauty of natural light with the privacy of your own secluded courtyard and personal shower. Alternatively, 2 'couple's suites' are available, perfect for romantic shared experiences. With recreation in mind, the resort also offers complimentary weekly activities for adults and children, including yoga, wine tastings and arts and crafts. Local attractions abound with 90+ superb wineries and cellar doors just moments away, alongside a plethora of natural attractions and unique activities including art and craft galleries, magical Ngilgi Cave, the Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse and seasonal whale-watching and wildflower tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Splendia, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Resort Bunker Bay Hotel Naturaliste
- Quay West Hotel Bunker Bay
- Quay West Naturaliste
- Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region Australia/Western Australia