We booked for a Friday and Saturday night, and I took my wife, son and daughter and their respective partners, and our grandaughter (5mths). We had booked a 2 bedroom villa and a studio villa and our accommodation was side by side with an inter connecting door which was great. The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are very nice and the 6 of us plus baby had plenty of room. The 2 bedroom villa sleeps four and has 2 bathrooms, but is actually set up for six people-it has a dining table with 6 chairs and cutlery and crockery for 6 so we were able to share meals in the villa. The bedrooms were very quiet with blackout curtains so no problems with sleep quality-even the baby slept well!
Our rooms included breakfast which was very good, although the restaurant can be busy at peak times. Didn't have any other meals there as it was fully booked both evenings. Ate at Clancy's fish pub in Dunsborough one evening, very good, realistic prices and family friendly.
Went for long walks along the pristine beach, and also at the end of Cape Naturaliste road there is a series of signed bush walks that offer superb views. A visit to the lighthouse is recommended.
The only drawback for our stay was that we could not get a later checkout (checkout is 11.00am). As a gold Accor member I thought a 12.00 checkout would be reasonable but no go. I understand that a later checkout is subject to availability, but I simply ended up with a crowd of people all trying to checkout at 11.00am, and had to wait 20 mins to do so. (If I had been given a later checkout this would have been avoided, doesn't make much sense to me).
This was my first stay here and while it is not cheap, I would have no hesitation in staying again, we all enjoyed the weekend and as it is only less than 3 hours drive from Perth we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchanting Pullman Bunker Bay Resort is an idyllic 5-star retreat 3 hours south of Perth in the heart of Western Australia's picturesque, world renowned Margaret River wine region. This luxurious oasis is nestled on the pure white sands and azure waters of tranquil Bunker Bay and spans 35 acres of beautifully landscaped native gardens, bordered by the Cape Naturaliste National Park. The resort offers 150 luxuriously appointed studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas in contemporary Australian style; natural local materials have been used wherever possible and internal finishes include sandstone, Jarrah timber floors and limestone feature walls. All villas offer a choice of garden or lake views and private courtyard or deck. Resort facilities and services include 24-hour reception, concierge and room service, complimentary WiFi in common areas, heated infinity-edge swimming pool, tennis court, gymnasium and playground with BBQ picnic area. Other Side of the Moon Restaurant presents distinctly "Modern Australian" menu a choice of alfresco or indoor dining with superb Indian Ocean vistas. Also overlooking the water is Bunker Bay Bistro & Bar, ideal for casual dining and cocktails with friends and family. Both venues are complemented by an impressive wine list showcasing local favourites. The resort's award-winning health and rejuvenation day spa, Vie Spa, offers luxe treatments that echo the relaxed, natural feel of its secluded South-West location. Each of the 6 spa suites features the beauty of natural light with the privacy of your own secluded courtyard and personal shower. Alternatively, 2 'couple's suites' are available, perfect for romantic shared experiences. With recreation in mind, the resort also offers complimentary weekly activities for adults and children, including yoga, wine tastings and arts and crafts. Local attractions abound with 90+ superb wineries and cellar doors just moments away, alongside a plethora of natural attractions and unique activities including art and craft galleries, magical Ngilgi Cave, the Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse and seasonal whale-watching and wildflower tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Resort Bunker Bay Hotel Naturaliste
- Quay West Hotel Bunker Bay
- Quay West Naturaliste
- Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region Australia/Western Australia