Our last stay was October 2012 just before we were due to have our first baby. We stayed in a studio garden view villa and was the last treat to ourselves before the impending life changer.
Location: 10 minute drive from Dunsborough. As it is out of town and surrounded by bush and ocean it really sets the scene of seclusion and escape from the daily grind.
Reception: First impressions count and the grand entrance with stunning view from the lobby do not disappoint. The checkin staff seem to be from all around the world and are very pleasant. We were then offered a buggy ride with our luggage to our villa which was a nice touch especially if you have alot of gear.
Villa: The studio villa we were in was perfect. The bed is large (king size) and comfortable with nice pillows. There is a kitchenette with a microwave and fridge. Great for making a quick breakfast. The bathroom is the best part, there is a very deep bath with a spacious open shower and a lovely sink area. The amenities are of the luxurious Roger & Gallet range and smell very fitting for the environment. There are also reverse cycle aircon units in each villa, iron and ironing board, in room safe. We had breakfast every morning on the outside balcony area which was lovely with the native birds singing away.
Food: We ate in the restaurant for one of our nights and although we have had "finer" food there is certainly nothing wrong with the quality or standard of food offered and in my opinion not as bad as some of the reviews I have read here on TA. We also had room service one night which is basically a pizza menu / cut down bar menu which was also pleasant enough. It's a good idea to book the restaurant before your stay though. There is also Bunkers Beach Cafe next door which does awesome breakfast and coffee also with a great view and literally a short walk up the beach front.
Pool & Beach: The pool and pool area are absolutely stunning. The infinity pool with the view over the gardens down to the ocean is something else. We were blessed with nice weather so had an early morning dip each day followed by lounging on the deck chairs. We actually decided on our babies name by this pool. The beach is beautiful and stretches in an arc with clean sand, clear water and big blue sky.
We loved our stay here so much and vowed to return after our child was born so we are going back in April for our first "family" holiday. This time we are staying in a 2 bedroom villa which I will review down the track. This trip I have booked a surprise spa treatment for my wife at mii spa which should earn me some brownie points!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchanting Pullman Bunker Bay Resort is an idyllic 5-star retreat 3 hours south of Perth in the heart of Western Australia's picturesque, world renowned Margaret River wine region. This luxurious oasis is nestled on the pure white sands and azure waters of tranquil Bunker Bay and spans 35 acres of beautifully landscaped native gardens, bordered by the Cape Naturaliste National Park. The resort offers 150 luxuriously appointed studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas in contemporary Australian style; natural local materials have been used wherever possible and internal finishes include sandstone, Jarrah timber floors and limestone feature walls. All villas offer a choice of garden or lake views and private courtyard or deck. Resort facilities and services include 24-hour reception, concierge and room service, complimentary WiFi in common areas, heated infinity-edge swimming pool, tennis court, gymnasium and playground with BBQ picnic area. Other Side of the Moon Restaurant presents distinctly "Modern Australian" menu a choice of alfresco or indoor dining with superb Indian Ocean vistas. Also overlooking the water is Bunker Bay Bistro & Bar, ideal for casual dining and cocktails with friends and family. Both venues are complemented by an impressive wine list showcasing local favourites. The resort's award-winning health and rejuvenation day spa, Vie Spa, offers luxe treatments that echo the relaxed, natural feel of its secluded South-West location. Each of the 6 spa suites features the beauty of natural light with the privacy of your own secluded courtyard and personal shower. Alternatively, 2 'couple's suites' are available, perfect for romantic shared experiences. With recreation in mind, the resort also offers complimentary weekly activities for adults and children, including yoga, wine tastings and arts and crafts. Local attractions abound with 90+ superb wineries and cellar doors just moments away, alongside a plethora of natural attractions and unique activities including art and craft galleries, magical Ngilgi Cave, the Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse and seasonal whale-watching and wildflower tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Resort Bunker Bay Hotel Naturaliste
- Quay West Hotel Bunker Bay
- Quay West Naturaliste
- Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region Australia/Western Australia