“Sleep and relax at Between Waters” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Between Waters B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dora Creek
Between Waters B&B
You added Between Waters B&B to your Saves list
246 Dora Street, Dora Creek, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales 2264, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Dora Creek B&B and Inns
Noosa, Australia
“Sleep and relax at Between Waters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed two nights as a couple at this lovely B&B which welcomed us warmly even late at night. We were impressed by the cosy room and the large double spa. Everything was clean and neat.

We enjoyed the homemade breakfast and the peaceful surroundings. The house is decorated with high attention to detail which creates a very homelike atmosphere.

If you want to see Kangaroos, just ask Lynne for a good spot. Thank you for this advice. We really appreciated it.

One little side note: The location is nice but a little bit too far away from everything. So if you like it peaceful and quiet this would be your place.

Thanks to Lynne for this marvellous stay.

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

My fiance and I stayed just got back from Between Waters and absolutely loved it. I could not thank Lynne enough for being so hospitable and the service was better than what you would expect at a 5 star hotel.

The room itself overlooking the water on both sides was clean, immaculate, romantic and perfect for a couple's getaway. The large spa bath was also fantastic. Some cake and water was also provided in the fridge which I thought was a really nice touch.

The lake is beautiful, although if you are thinking about canoeing I think its only suitable to do so in the morning as the lake is more tranquil. In the afternoon the current looked quite strong. Lake Macquarie is fairly quiet, however we did find some nice restaurants in nearby Toronto and there is also a Woolworths about 5 minutes drive away in Morisset.

We would definately consider staying at Between Waters again and I don't think we'll ever get a better B&B experience. It exceeded all of our expectations. You will be more than happy with the price paid aswell :)

Room Tip: Both rooms are great. Fridge and DVD player provided. There is also a selection of DVD's to choo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lynchas, Manager at Between Waters B&B, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you, is was my pleasure meeting you both and having you stay with us.
I did have a little giggle to myself about the 20 John Wayne movies I have in the office as well, on a serious note thank you for letting me know about the DVD's I have updated them now.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I just got back from Betweem Waters after a short stay for our 1st anniversary. It was the right choice to stay at Between Waters and no other B&B can be better than this one.

The room and the entire house and garden was immaculately maintained. The Arabelle room was spacious, had clean linens, dining table and basically anything you can think of. The bathroom was also spacious, contained spa and had every amenities you can think of. The attention to detail and all of the wonderful antique decorations made the place feel like a movie set.
The services and home-made breakfast were all top notch. Really, it was better than staying at a 5 star hotel.

In the end, we paid the listed price and tip... but still felt like I wasn't paying enough! Just gotta say, we would go back to Lake Macquarie, not for the Lake itself but for this place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lynchas, Owner at Between Waters B&B, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you, we're so happy you enjoyed your 1st anniversary with us and thankyou so much for the review. Cheers Lyn & Charles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

A hidden gem between waters. We stayed 3 nights and found the place enchanting. Great attention to detail. Lynne is the ultimate hostess, a beautiful breakfast, relaxing rooms and tranquil views. My favourites were the great, large spa bath and the rocking chair near the window. We had the fire going in the shared lounge room, which has some kitchen facilities, music and water views. Definately would go back. Lynne has created the perfect blend of home, luxury and old world charm. You can look around the area or just stay at the B&B all day, do as much or as little as you want even take the canoe out onto the lake and float around. We have stayed in lots of places and this is one of our favourites.
Peter and Kerrie

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you, I enyoyed being your hosts and having you both stay at Between Waters.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I absolutely loved this boutique B&B in Lake Macquarie Area. The water views on both sides of the bedroom are amazing, not to mention waking up in the morning at the cooing sound of the birds. Well maintained room and garden, great hospitality and overall what a relaxing place to spend a perfect weekend!

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am glad you had a great time and enjoyed our B&B.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My girlfriend and I just came back to Sydney and we must say we had a fantastic time. The interior is lovely with beautiful rooms with rich decor and a large luxurious spa. The bed was so comfortable that I'm thinking of buying the same pillows as we both slept so well. The spa was a really good size much bigger than hotels would have and they have bubble bath supplied.
The environment was calm and we were surrounded by nature. We went canoeing and walked around the river. It was really relaxing.
To top it off there is a wonderful fireplace to relax in the evening with port on offer. We had breakfast in the morning outside beside the river and Lynn cooked us a fine meal. We had fruit juice, coffee, yogurt, cereal and bacon and eggs. And the coffee made you fell great! A real treat!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you......... for your kinds words.
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We have been guests of Lyn & Charles Stanmore at Between Waters for 7 years now. It was quite by accident that we found this place, but 'oh boy' are we glad we did. We have stayed on our own many many times, taken friends on 2 occasions and also for my 60th Lyn organised it so our whole family could stay. What a wonderful weekend we all had and the birthday dinner and cake were fabulous, nothing is too much trouble for Lyn & Charles and they make sure that your comfort is paramount.

We are very attracted to the 'Nina' room with its spacious accommodation, two person spa, front & back veranda and the incredible uninterrupted views of the Lake and the Creek. The grounds are immaculate and we have enjoyed many a late breakfast in the garden overlooking the creek. The living room between the ‘Arabella’ and the ‘Nina’ room is extremely comfortable and boasts an amazing fireplace, where we can relax and enjoy a glass of wine or two.

We both lead very busy lives and Between Waters is a relaxing 2 hour drive from Hazelbrook in the Blue Mountains where we live. When we need to recharge ourselves we always book into what we call 'our little piece of heaven'. We have come to know Lyn & Charles very well over the years and have always found their hospitality very sincere and warm, you could not ask for better hosts. This is the nicest B&B we have ever stayed in. We travelled to WA in 2009 and stayed at B&B’s from Hazelbrook to Perth and not one had all the comforts that we enjoy at Between Waters.

When you have a superb location, gourmet food cooked with love, outstanding accommodation and fantastic hosts, what more could you want. We feel incredibly fortunate that we have found Between Waters and will continue to visit each and every time we get the opportunity.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you......... Well where do I start I feel the lucky one having you both in my life now, it started as guests at our little piece of heaven now dear friends at our little piece of heaven.
Cheers Lyn

Been to Between Waters B&B? Share your experiences!