We booked the hotel for 2 nights based on the positive reviews on tripadvisor and the reasonable (almost low) price level.
The hotel itself is a beautiful building in a great location. In a nice small village with the boat stop right on the doorstep. For less than 4 Euro you are in the center of Como and the boat trip is enjoyable as well.
The rooms are pretty basic (small tv, bed was a bit on the hard side, no luxury finish) but clean. There are enough small points that could be improved, like the decoration of the room. Nevertheless the rooms have a nice atmosphere and feel. Next to the stunning view from our window. overlooking Lake Como.
But the best thing are the owners. The speak fluent English and are extremely friendly and enjoyed running the hotel and helping the guests. Personal approach that really works well. And the entrance there is a sign saying something like: "you will come as a guest and leave as a friend". That really expresses how they run the hotel.
Some practical things: dinner was good at a very reasonable price, free WiFi worked very well, parking space can be reserved (we did that) which I would recommend. Breakfast is simple, but had everything we needed.
Doubted between a 4 or a 5 point rating, since the hotel has some improvement points, but to be fair: at this price level on such a location you will not find it any better. And the owners make the difference to get a 5 point rating. They deserve it. We really enjoyed it and will come back. And that is what matters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'albergo lo scoprite dopo infinite curve dagli scorci sempre diversi ed emozionanti, arrivate accostando comodamente l’auto sul piazzale di fronte e scendendo vi accorgete dell’incantevole posizione di questo piccolo albergo che si specchia orgogliosamente nel lago ed è avvolto dal rassicurante abbraccio delle montagne. Se arrivate di mattina il colore predominante è azzurro dalle sfumature d’oro, il tramonto invece è rosa.Ad accogliervi troverete sempre noi e sempre un sorriso e dopo un celere check in potrete andare direttamente in camera o rilassarvi un attimo nel nostro bar o nel nostro salottino sbirciando attraverso le vetrate l’animata quotidianità che si svolge al di fuori. Dicono che non ci sia panorama più affascinante del lago visto dal lago e per i nostri clienti più curiosi l’imbarco della navigazione proprio di fronte l’albergo sarà un’ irrinunciabile comodità per una gita in battello. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Orso Bruno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piccolo Hotel Carate Urio
- Hotel Orso Bruno Carate Urio, Lake Como, Italy