we just returned from our 2 weeks holiday in Como and I think our review can be useful too.
Initially we planned to stay the whole period in Veleso at Albergo Ristorante Bellavista.
But there were some problems.
First of all:
- the location, expecially the view, are beautiful; but only if you come by car or plan to stay in the neighborhood (Veleso + the mountains) you can fully enjoy them, because the hotel is 1 hour away (by car) from Como; otherwise you have to rent a car or depend on the bus (the last bus driving from Como to Veleso leaves at 18:45, so a evening outside Veleso is out of the question).
- About the hotel: the food is very good, but expensive. Nowhere else in our whole trip, in restaurants with comparable standards of course (in Lugano, the center of Como, Bellagio or Varenna), we paid so much for a meal. The rooms are small and dusty, with burned bulbs (1 of 3). The beds (we stayed in 2 nights in a room and 2 night in another one) are not at all confortable. If you like quite places, you will be not happy about the bells of a church ringing right next to the hotel every half an hour all day and night long.
- About the breakfast: it depends on who is serving it and on the person's mood: it can be very poor, but tasty, or it can be a standard one (from the quantity) and a tasty one (from the quality).
- And at last but not at least, the hosts: they are friendly, like every italian is, but, unlike them, distant and cold. The cook, Paolo, has a weird sense of humour, which easily can turn into impudence.
So, this are the impressions of the Albergo Ristorante Bellavista.
When we choosed our place to stay, we read a lot of reviews and this place seemed so perfect, but the reality was really so much different! We made a smart decision and remained in Veleso only the first 2 days and the last 2 (for hiking), then we were lucky that all the other places we stayed in or visited were so beautiful, so that the whole vacation was great!
raluca & bogdan
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Ristorante Bellavista Veleso, Italy - Lake Como
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Albergo Ristorante Bellavista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.