We found it very hard to get accomodation in Upper Hutt where we were visiting friends. After loads of searching I finally found this place, and was very surprised! It is in between Upper & Lower Hutt, and about 30mins from central Wellington. I think it is an old army training depot that is in the process of being transformed into a multi-use venue. They do weddings, large conferences, and school camps too.
Anyhow, we wanted to use their motel accomodation which is really good. They have converted old buildings into motel rooms - ours with a bedroom, and a loft bedroom. They have completely renovated these buildings - new cladding, new roof etc. But also they utilised a lot of recycled timber (I presume from the original building) which we love, they are very spacious (vaulted ceilings), modern and reasonably priced.
The area around the motel room itself has been done up as well, but the buildings along side not yet. It's a bit of a mish-mash of old (and run-down) and new. So it's a bit strange in that aspect, but the rooms more than make up for it. All the motel units overlook the Hutt River and have a little deck outside which we never used as the weather was atrocious! Staff were very friendly, reception area is another very lovely designed area, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
- Also Known As:
- Silverstream Retreat Hotel
- Silverstream Retreat Hotel Lower Hutt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the beautiful Hutt River and the Valley beyond, our fully serviced motel units are ideal for those wanting to relax and unwind in a secluded bush setting. We have seven, two bedroom units which have a master bedroom with a super king sized bed, and a loft bedroom with two single beds. Our luxurious River View Studio overlooks the Hutt River and the Manor Park Golf Club beyond. This unit has an open plan living area with a super king sized bed and accessible bathroom facilities. Our Forest Studios are ideal for a couple. These have a modern rustic feel and have been designed to compliment the surrounding native bushland. We also have Group accommodation available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Silverstream Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.