“Fantastic accomodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Baumholder
Amarillo, Texas
“Fantastic accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Read the reviews below, there is really nothing more I can add. this place is wonderful!
Comfy beds, VERY reasonable rates, friendly owners.
Don't hesitate to book here if you find yourself in Baumholder!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Baumholder, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I moved to baumholder to be with my husband, and once we found out that we wouldnt be able to get housing we needed to find an apartment. I ended up staying at this hotel for 3 months. They are wonderful people. Anette is very friendly and always waved and asked me about my day when we came across one another.

The restaraunt downstairs was also a godsend! on the days I didnt feel like going to the commissary I was able to order great quality food and desert right to my room. Im a vegetarian but I still had many options that were all superb, my favorite being the cheese omelette. It was the best I have ever eaten.

The first few nights, (before we found out about housing) we stayed in a double. It was very clean, spacious and overall nice! It had a nice view and came with a dining table as well. after that, I stayed in a single room and though it is modest in size is also quite comfortable. It has a refrigerator, study desk, comfortable lounge chair,decent space and a decent sized bathroom.T-mobile internet is also available for a cheap price. The base is visible from the hotel, the main gate is literally less than a 1/4 mile away. I payed 30 euro a night for the single, which for the quality, is fair.
Honestly I have nothing negative to say about this hotel, the cleaning ladies established a schedule with me so I wouldnt be disturbed daily and honestly I am sad to go. Though we have found a beautiful apartment it was very nice being surrounded by everyone here, they really treated us like family. Id reccommend this hotel to any and everyone!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
danville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Would definiately recommend this hotel. Very quiet and close to the US military base. Rooms have all the ammenities needed for traveling. We arrived late in the evening needing a single and a double. The rooms were large,non smoking, very clean and comfortable. The room's have been upgraded and the bath's were immaculate. Our double had a table and chairs, TV, refrigerator, 2 twin beds, hair dryer, soaps/shampoo, shower. Our grandson had a single with bathtub/shower. His room had a desk, TV, refrigerator. We purchased internet through TMobil. This hotel is above a wonderful restaurant that has an outdoor garden for eating and drinking. The food was awesome with large portions to share. We ate in the dining room with real linens, however there is a bar and central area to eat but was filled with smoke. Our rooms were 69,36 euros. Very reasonable. Ample parking on street or on hotel. Large grocery store, McDonalds, lots of specialty shops in the quaint little town. Most all speak English because of the US base there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

Annette and her family do a lovely job at making one feel welcome in this hotel. Her breakfasts were always ample and included eggs, yogurt, and the traditional German breakfast of bread with meat and cheese. The rooms were always clean and 2 of the three rooms in which we stayed had small refrigerators.

There is also a superior restaurant downstairs. Salads are dressed with a house dressing that is light and tasty and the steaks are awesome! The best omelet I have ever eaten was here, and the French onion soup is divine. For those who enjoy venison, the venison steak is tender and beautifully prepared.

Best of all, after staying in this hotel for 3 months we felt like a part of the family. Everyone always made us feel welcome and when several in our party fell ill or needed dental assistance, Annette helped us get to her own dentist and doctor.

Rooms are basic, but the professional and caring attitude of all who work here make it more a home than a hotel.

Not only would we stay here again, but we have recommended it as a place to stay for all who visit.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Zum Stern? Share your experiences!