“Conference” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mottram Hall

You added Mottram Hall to your Saves list
Mottram Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wilmslow Road, Mottram St. Andrew SK10 4QT, England (Formerly De Vere Mottram Hall)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Just want to thank Carolyn Moston at Mottram Hall for kindly sorting out our recent conference at Mottram Hall. Carolyn and the team did a great job of ensuring our event ran smoothly. A lovely hotel set in a beautiful location.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Trish H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor in regards to your recent conference at Mottram Hall. I am very happy to hear that all the conference and banqueting team were on hand to make sure the event ran smoothly.

I hope you choose to return to Mottram Hall in the future.

James Stewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Goring-on Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

To start I have marked as very good not excellent - this is due to a very small few pointers
! We will be going back and we love it at Mottrom Hall !

Our room was one of the rooms that has not been refurished this time and we loved it more then last time. more traditional and a lot more comfy ! The bed was amazingly huge , size of the room was comfy and the bathroom adequate (very clean) The shower could have been more powerful and the lighting could be better (coming from a female that does her make up) But hey like I said I love this place and am trying to just be completely truthful !

View from the room was lovely as the grounds are great !! our view was of the back and over the pond with all the ducks and swans etc !

Oh and another room mention , we sky sports (which my other half was rather impressed with) ha !

We ate in the Carrington Grill (see review) was lovely and then sat in the bar and had a drink.
Breakfast was hit and miss , we went down at 9.20 so expected there to be plenty of time which there was but a lot of items had run out and there were no plates when we went up. No pastries - a few niggles , once again didn't bother us one bit but it may do someone more picky !

We always make full use of the Spa and the gym at Mottram which we did and is always lovely , never too busy but the facilities are fantastic.

All in all a fab stay and we will back !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear AmyAdamF,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you were able to make full use of the spa and leisure facilities; they are certainly an asset to Mottram Hall.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Spent a fantastic day at the Spa with some girl friends. I have been to a lot of Spas but this one is definitely one of the best!
Day managed by the lovely Jules who was really friendly and helpful.

One teeny, tiny minor point. Would be nice to be able to order refreshments to poolside rather than having to trail through the public areas of the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tricia2002,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in Tripadvisor in regards to your recent spa day. It is always wonderful to hear praise about the team and I am pleased you had an enjoyable experience.

We hope to welcome you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Firstly, let me say this is a lovely hotel. A beautiful building situated in the middle of a golf course. If you're a golfer, it's superb. I'm not. It has two decent restaurants and an outstanding spa, which for me were the highlights.
Negative points? I found it over-priced for what it was. The rooms were average but noisy as the corridor creaked and our room was in an area where people were always walking past and talking loudly. The expensive restaurant dinner wasn't worth the money either.
It just felt like a good hotel that thinks it's excellent.
But if you are looking for a golfing holiday or to spend time in a spa, I can recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Christopher D,

Thank you for leaving your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Mottram Hall. I am sorry to hear that not all aspects of your stay met your expectations. If you would like to discuss this further please contact Isara Fraser, Front Office Manager via email on Isara.fraser@devere-hotels.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Well I don't even know where to start! From checking in the day before with family and friends to checking out was faultless.
Mark who ran everything for my wedding was amazing and nothing was to much trouble! He came with Danny and collected favours, music ect from me the night before and even offered to sharpen pencils that were for the children's activities!!!
My wedding day was all I could have wished for and I thank the Mottram Hall team,Netty, Mark and Danny for making my dream come true! Also a big massive thank you to Alison from lasting memories for dressing the room throughout the day. I highly recommend anyone reading this who is getting married to contact Alison if you want an amazing room set up. Have a look at the pictures I've attached.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear emmalittlewood186,

Thank you for taking the time you post your comments on Tripadvisor. Weddings at Mottram Hall are a team effort and I am happy to hear that the planning and running of the event was such a success and that your wedding day was so perfect.

We hope to welcomes you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

Kind regards

Gateshead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night in the Gainsborough suite . Nice room with doors opening onto a patio area . Comfy bed . Our family had two family rooms on the top floor . Each had two children's beds set up . These rooms were nicer than ours we thought . Appeared to be updated . We looked in the pool area and were sorry not to have time to use it . It's a lovely area . Some of our family did use it and said the water was warm . We had breakfast in our rooms as we left early for the airport . Plenty of choice . However one of the family rooms asked for breakfast to be delivered at a certain time and it arrived late so didn't have time to eat it all . Otherwise , it was a lovely hotel .

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Pixie056,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that although your stay was short you had an enjoyable experience.

Hopefully you will be able to return to Mottram Hall in the future to make use of our spa and leisure facilities.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

So after treating the girlfriend to a spa we stayed the night at the hotel. It was perfect, good corner room looking over the golf course and the main fountain at the front of the hotel! The only downside is that the cleaners took ages to clean our room and this delayed check in. Also when we did check in, you could smell raw sewers in the reception area? I don't know where it was coming from but it wasn't the best smell in the world. Out room didn't smell though so that's the main thing :)

Had a good tea and coffee tray in the room well stocked and loads of other handy essentials like ironing board and iron.

The tv was good aswell, big clear screen with many freeview channels.

You can tell the attention to detail has been highly presented throughout the hotel and everything was well cleaned and looked after.

The morning breakfast was well stocked and the staff were quick and efficient to clean and offer tea and coffee, nice people aswell.

Like I said the cleaners took ages to clean our room before we could go in and it was just the smell of sewers what put me off? Otherwise this would of got 5 stars.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ryan F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor in regards to your recent stay at Mottram Hall. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the breakfast team efficient and friendly.

I am sorry to hear that you were delayed checking in to your room and that you witnessed a sewage smell, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

James Stewart

Been to Mottram Hall? Share your experiences!