Impressive-looking hotel and grounds, conveniently located for Manchester Airport which is 20 or so minutes away. I had a comfy, very spacious room, evidently recently refurbished. The view out the room however was mainly over a roof, looking at some electrical circuitry, with a distant view of the grounds. Fortunately, I was not there to gaze out the window. I had 2 meals in the Carrington Grill, both food and service very good, portion size not excessive. Staff throughout were generally attentive and helpful.
A couple of things to note: the hotel is a large building and as a result is a bit of a maze. I got lost on more than 1 occasion but fortunately was able to find someone to help; the hotel's wifi is good when it works but I had to repeatedly log in, it then disconnected me several times before I could get a good connection - which even then was not overly stable. Same happened on the second day as well. I do not have this problem with my mobile devices anywhere else.
Finally, you need to know that they levy a £2.50 fee if you want to pay your bill by credit card!!! Yes, really! IMO this is a bit of needless penny-pinching when you consider what they charge for the rooms and the food. Charging for credit card use is more "budget airline" than "premium luxury hotel" and this left me with a "bad taste in my mouth", so to speak, and I wonder why De Vere want to give their departing guests such a penny-pinching message - this is the lasting impression of my stay. This alone would make me reconsider staying at another De Vere. No other hotel chain I know of in this market segment does this.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall
- De Vere Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There’s nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire’s finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. The NEW Mottram Hall from De Vere Hotels & Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo and Venere so you can book your De Vere Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.