Just returned from a 2 night spa break with 5 friends. We got a good deal on a spa break website for 2 nights and 2 treatments, breakfast and one evening meal.
The hotel is obviously golf orientated, but because it is so big you would hardly notice even a large wedding function on both days didn't interfere with our plans . Our rooms were good and on the ground floor in the modern part of the hotel. Only one problem in room 180, it is really hot even with the window open. A fan was provided and problem was solved. The bathroom was standard and clean, but not bright enough to see in the mirror to put make up on. The room was quite dark with only table lamps. There was no BIG light to switch on. Because the room faces a wall, not the best of scenery, more lighting is very much needed. The spa area of the hotel is clean and well maintained with a sauna, 2 Jacuzzis, steam room, and 2 new heat rooms. The outside spa is gorgeous and relaxing. Our treatments were fantastic and delivered professionally by polite beauty therapists. The treatment rooms are very relaxing and warm.
The whole hotel is obviously up market and has some celebrity clientele, as we saw Maria from Corrie in the spa! Also the Bologna football team were there as well. So if your into star spotting, then this is the place. The bar prices were on the hefty side, as well as the bar food, £6.95 for a few sandwiches and 4 crisps was a bit steep. The staff in the hotel are really nice and helpful and made us feel like VIPs for a couple of days. Overall a lovely place to stay if your not short of cash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire