“Sorry to see it change again” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Wicklow, Ireland
“Sorry to see it change again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

On a recent visit home to roundwood I called into the local coffee shop to see it had changed hands again!!!!!! ( no one seems to be able to make it work)

The place was nice and clean,

I could see the chef which I didn't find very good as working in the hotel business chefs should be in whites and cleanly shaven this one wasn't and was in show!

The menus where grubby and a lot of miss spellings on these which is very unprofessional !!

I thought what was offered on the menu was overpriced!! All we wanted was a scone which there where none of!!

On the upside the staff where nice two young girls one blond one with short black hair both local I think ! But they where clean and tidy with great manners which was nice to see

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Greystones
“a great local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I visit this bistro on almost a weekly basis as I live locally. The food is CONSISTENTLY superb
and it represents excellent value.. The service is always second to none. i would gladly recommend it to any visitor.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Delicious food and great location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stopped here on our way back from Glendalough while staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Powerscourt. Although it was very close to lunch time we were offered a choice of lunch or breakfast. We had the breakfast which was absolutely delicious and actually the best we had while in Ireland. Not only that but it was great value for the price and we ended up returning two more times during our stay. This is a small cafe with delicious pastries and coffee available for take-out. Not only did we eat here but we ended up purchasing some of the artwork from local artists that is displayed throughout the restaurant. I've saved this location as a "favourite" on my gps and if I ever return to Ireland I am sure I will visit here again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
wicklow
“Could be lovely”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We went for Sunday lunch. Wanted to try it as heard good reports. The woman looking after the tables was very nice, the food was OK but it was cold in there & I did not want to take off my jacket. The place lacks atmosphere & would really benefit from a makeover. Nothing too drastic but maybe some rugs on the floor, clothes on the table & please dress the windows & light a fire. It would all make a huge difference.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Reading UK
“Sugar Mountain Cafe & Bistro Nr Roundwood County Wicklow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I just wanted to write a quick review about the Sugar Mountain Cafe & Bistro which is located a few miles outside Roundwood County Wicklow on the road to Bray. The cafe is attached to a golf course and is located in a stunning area of County Wicklow not far from Sugarloaf Mountain. I've no idea about the golf, but I can highly recommend the cafe. We went there for brunch and it was absolutely fantastic. Three of us had the full Irish Breakfast which was delicious and gave us the best black and white puddings that we have ever eaten. The younger ones had eggy bread with sugar, banana, maple syrup and cream and it was to die for. The owner was lovley. An attractive lady and well presented, she was so polite and friendly. The food arrived all together and all hot. The pot of tea was perfect too. I wish we'd been staying longer in the area as the menu looked lovely to go in an evening too and the cafe itself was immaculate and very tastefully decorated. They are relatively new owners and are making some changes to the buliding and their plans sound lovely. Thank you for a lovely brunch.