“Amazing beach!!” 5 of 5 stars

Curracloe, Ireland
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Curracloe
More attraction details
Owner description: Curracloe Beach is a regular holder of the Blue Flag Beach status. The dunes are currently the subject of an active conservation policy by Wexford County Council ensuring that this marvellous amenity and the plant and wildlife it contains, will be preserved for future generations. A nature trail runs through the dunes and continues for 5 km to Raven Point, passing through the beautiful peninsula which constitutes Raven Nature Reserve.
Manchester
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing beach!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

What's not to like!! Beautiful beach with lovely sand dunes and a gorgeous view.
Spend a few days here relaxing on a perfect beach.
Food available in the car park too!!

Visited August 2013

“Don't leave wexford without visiting here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Fab, fab, fab! The sun was shining and I felt like I could have been in Florida. Such a gorgeous beach, my kids had a ball.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Childhood memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Curracloe is one of the nicest beaches in Ireland and maybe in the world. I have been many times but this time I had the pleasure of helping a friend whose son was taking part in a week full of activities on the beach. There was nothing like that when I was a child. I went and visited the sand dunes my sisters and I would roll down constantly. We camped there in an old army tent and my mam would cook proper dinners every day we were there, no McDonalds and we would not want them.
It was just beach and sand dunes every day and we were happy. The boardwalk still there and so nice to see it not commercialised. Its a lovely sandy beach and worth a visit.

Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful clean golden beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Beach was spotless, no cars on it and was gorgeous. Miles and miles of golden sand - we'd some great walks along the beach from Ballinesker right down to Curracloe itself.

Visited July 2013
Carlow, Ireland
10 attraction reviews
“Great beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

long clean endless beach with nice soft sand.

Roads/carparks are very congested on hot summer days

Water is cold even in summer.

Visited June 2013