“Happy to go back anytime...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert, Irish, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Weirs Bar & Restaurant, Multyfarnham, in County Westmeath is a charming old world, Award winning family run pub that serves some of the best food and drink in Ireland. Our Specials for the day will represent fresh seasonal specialities that are available to us at any time. All our food is home made, using as much local and organic produce as possible. We also have available speciality coffees and a full range of liqueurs. Weirs is famous for its bar and food, served in a relaxed, family friendly atmosphere. Our food is home-made on the premises, from our soups and sauces right through to our delicious desserts. Weirs premises are wheelchair friendly and if you have a special need, we will try our best to cater for you. Only the bar opens at 6pm Monday and Tuesday, Food is available Wednesday to Saturday from 12.30 To 8.30Pm. Sunday we serve lunch from 12.30 To 3.30 And a la carte menu until 8pm Bank Holiday Monday we serve a day menu from 12.30 To 6pm. Our team of skilled and qualified chefs can cater to your every need, whether it is a special party meal or buffet style evening we will select and prepare the style of food you require. We pride ourselves on the quality of our meats, using Irish Aberdeen Angus for our Sirloin Steaks and Irish Hereford for our fillet.
Dublin, Ireland
“Happy to go back anytime...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have eaten here many times and recently we took my mother for Mother's Day. Weir's never disappoints. A reservation is recommended as it can be very busy especially on holiday weekends and special occasions. We were lucky to get a table without a booking and were delighted to be seated beside the turf fire in the bar ... The menu is varied with a range of additional daily specials. Service is prompt and friendly. And I am told they serve a great pint of Guinness! Happy to go back any time..

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Ballyboughal, Dublin, Ireland
“Not overly impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Very average restaurant after hearing all the hype about this place we found it very disappointing. We took a detour off the n4 on the way back to dublin, the area looked very quaint. We were quite hungry so it was very disappointing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best food around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Look.if you are looking for great food that won't break the bank then you won't get any better than Weirs...You are in for a pleasant surprise. .Best food for many a mile..

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely meal but do something about the burgers!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

i had brought a friend to eat here last Summer after hearing all the good reviews and we both ordered burgers which we both persumed were homemade! However the burgers did not taste home made and had that plastic taste which really dissappointed us both!
My friend had the sticky toffee pudding and was happy with that!
I was really put off and decided not to go there again.
However decided to head there last weekend as it was a long way to Westport and could not think of anywhere else to go etc.
I ordered fish in homemade batter with chips.
The chips were great and the salad was fresh but very small. My fish was good and the batter also!
However my friend had the burger and I tasted it! If anything it was worse than the one I had last year as it was not only plastic tasting but very salty as well.(and I love salt).
The restaurant was lovely and cosy (the stove is great) and the staff were lovely!
A home made burger is not difficult to make!!!
I plan to go back and would love to have a really nice home made burger!!
Hopeful!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“What are you waiting for ? They Got it ALL !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Weirs Pub & Resturant Multyfarnham , WHAT A PLACE !!!!!! As soon as you enter the village of Multyfarnham , You feel a sense of comfort & the feeling of been drawn towards weirs pub ... The atmosphere here is just so warm & welcoming , the Essence of Quality is just Magic !!!!!! You can tell as soon as you walk in this place that it is well loved & Cherished .. Their food is so Authentic , and you can sense their passion in what they do , Bad food ?!?! Huh?! Well that's not even on their Radar !!!! Very Friendly staff , You can also tell that they to believe in what they do , because they know its good quality food , cooked and created with passion and good intentions , Best place I feel I've been to for many years , its a gem in the heart of the midlands , SO GO !!!!! Would I recommend it to family & friends ?! Well that's not even a question ... Once you've been you WILL be back !!! Secretly I wish I could keep this little "Sparkle " to myself and not tell all about it , but Hey sure why not spread a little magic around ! Great service , Fantastic Food , & Great Prices !!!!! It's just so worth a visit ! It IS all That !!!!!! Enjoy !

Visited February 2014