“A great hotel, good staff and value.” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Junction 7 | M1, Gormanston, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gormanston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern Ireland
“A great hotel, good staff and value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and left the car while we flew out of Dublin airport. Good value, nice food and super staff. Clean rooms and restaurant/bar areas, couldn't really fault it and would definitely recommend. The food and drink are good value also and they pour a reasonable pint of Guinness. They have recently upgraded the security around the car park which mea

Stayed March 2014
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hello PJKNorthernIreland,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience here at CityNorth Hotel.

The Park, Stay & Fly package which you booked is one of our most popular and I am so happy to learn that your stay was a positive one. Any hotel will tell you that the staff makes or break the place, and I delighted that you found our staff 'super'! We think so too!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Excellent 4 star hotel just off the M4 Motorway Dublin Belfast. Ten minutes from Dublin Airport
Twenty five minutes from Dublin City Centre. Transfer and coach service to/from both locations Modern well furnished rooms with coffee/tea facilities. Well equipped bars and restaurant with varied menu.On the doorstep of the Boyne Valley one of the most historic( and pre historic) parts of Ireland covering sites with histories and structures from 5500 year ago down to modern times. Within ten minutes of sand beaches of Co Meath and small attractive inland villages.Good base for touring counties Meath, Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello Ernest C,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your review.

It was great to read such positive comments and I will be sure to share with all the team here at the hotel. As the hotel is located between Boyne Valley and Dublin, a great deal of our guests plan similar trips to yourself and all leave happy.

Don't forget to tell all your friends and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stopped off for a night as we were visiting a friend in Drogheda before heading down to Cork... Rooms were excellent and very clean. Check in was quick and efficient with friendly staff. Breakfast was nice and staff were quick to seat and serve us. I would definatly use this hotel again and would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello lontrick,

It was great to read your positive comments and thank-you for sharing them with us.

We are a popular stop for people visiting Drogheda and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff friendly.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last night for a relaxing night away but unfortunately left this morning more stressed and tired then when we arrived.The guests of the rooms all around us where up partying very loudly all night slamming doors shouting and laughing in the halls goin from room to room for hours.We understand that the hotel can't be held solely responsible for the lack of consideration some guest have for others,but after a certain number of hours you begin to wonder how the staff was not aware of all the noise and commotion at that hour of the morning.And we can't understand why just as we where drifting off(at half six!) we where woken again by a call from reception asking if we required a newspaper for the morning ?! We have regularly been coming to the city north and usually enjoy, sadly last night's partying was a bit to much for us to return.

• Stayed March 2014
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hello Jes36,

Thank-you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am so sorry to learn that you did not have a relaxing time whilst you were here with us.

Unfortunately, we did have some guests staying in your vicinity who were unruly and did not care too much for others. We did try and control them as much as we could, but it was not always possible and this resulted in the excess noise.

If you do decide to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be only too delighted to arrange an overnight stay for you.

Kind Regards,

Andy Greenslade - Sales & Marketing Manager
Florida, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great location. Nice spacious bedrooms. Shuttle service to the airport helps a lot as the hotel. More of a business hotel but overall pretty good. Well looked after. Will be back. Thanks to all the staff who looked after us.

• Stayed February 2014
Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back to CityNorth Hotel soon.
Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here on our way out for a week end break from Dublin Airport. Hotel staff transferred to the airport and were waiting to bring us back on our return. The hotel is comfortable, clean and staff extremely helpful and very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello CDevane,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing some positive comments. We are a popular stop with people using Dublin Airport and I am glad to learn of your enjoyable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I travel a lot and don't really give reviews although I use them sometimes to book hotels. I stayed for three nights last week for a second time at The CityNorth Hotel, and whilst last time I was impressed this stay was superb. From the initial collection from the airport, check in and dinner all the staff were friendly (not plastic friendly but real), I had a couple of requests (needing to find a particular place I needed to go suddenly - the manager Mr Crawford told me he was free and would run me there then waited nearly an hour whilst I told him I should be 10 minutes) which were dealt with easily, good food, immediate and easy fast internet connection (might sound trivial but important to me), and a general feeling of being welcomed, I will make this hotel my first choice in Dublin in future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello David A,

Many thanks for your kind review. We take great pride in our staff and I am glad to read that you were equally impressed with them as we are delighted to have them!

I will pass on your comments to Mr Crawford and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to CityNorth Hotel? Share your experiences!