“Not value for money!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enfield
Dublin, Ireland
“Not value for money!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Stayed over night in the Johnstown House Hotel.

Good points, a 45 minute drive from Dublin, nice quiet location. Decor is elegant.

Areas for improvement - Service was poor and very slow. Started clearing breakfast well before time - people were still arriving for breakfast and no hot food available.
Shortage of towels in the breadroom.

Packages from this hotel are a rip off. Do not book the spa package. The spa facility is lovely but the package is a rip off.

Check in on the hotel website is 4pm, a bit late considering you want to get value for your stay, however if you ring up and ask for earlier check in this is facilited - nice if they put this on the website.

Summary - there are better offers / packages available from other hotels, this hotel does not give value.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
JohnstownHouse, Front Office Manager at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for your recent comments and we take your feedback very seriously and we will continue to improve our service to our guest.

I would like to point out that our Spa Packages are very good value for the treatments offered and all treatments are set at the High Elemis Spa Treatment Standard. Other Hotels may offer a lower rate but may not give the same treatments. Please visit our web page and it will show our special offers or call our spa reception and they will let you know what deals that we have on offer.

We do offer early check in on request and we have a check in time of 15:00. If the room is not available before this guest has full use of the hotel and its facilities.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback and I hope that I would get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Johnstown House Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Andrew Keane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed with three other adults in oneof the self catering 'Executive Suites', ie Houses attached to the hotel.
For 220 euro, we had two nights stay in the house, including full use of the hotel gym and leisure centre.These facilities are excellent.I had one of the best massages I have ever had at the spa.
The house itself was spacious, especially the bedrooms, and would be ideal for a group of up to 6 people.
The continental breakfast which is included in the price is really only bread, milk and orange juice, but useful if you arrive late the night before.

The only com[plaint is that the kitchen could have done with more utensils, crocklery and washing liquid etc-it was barely sufficiently equipped for a meal for four people.
Apart from this, it is a good place for a group stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
JohnstownHouse, Front Office Manager at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
Good Morning,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to us at the Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

Thank you for your very kind comments about the Hotel and the Apartments.

We are currently looking at the amount of Crockery and Utensils that we stock in the Kitchens and your feed back is appericated.

I will inform the team that you enjoyed your stay .

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Johnstown House and Spa in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

My two sisters and I stayed in this hotel for a saturday night break around three weeks ago. (7/8th of january as far i remember).

We were travelling from dublin so found the location very convenient. From the moment we arrived we found the staff very obliging and the facilities fabulous. Our spa treatment was extremely relaxing and the leisure facilities were of a high standard however the pool and jacuzzi area seemed very busy.

We dined in the restaurant that evening, where we were served by a young polite man and thought the food was delicous. We proceeded to the bar where we found the athmosphere to be fantasic. We were served most of the night by a young man named Owen who was great Craic and up for a laugh. The musician in the bar was also very entertaining and we even decided to have a dance.

We even stayed around for lunch in the bar the following day and felt that the bar food was every bit as gorgeous as in the restaurant.

We cant wait to stay here in the near future!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
JohnstownHouse, Front Office Manager at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Good Morning,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent returned visit to us at the Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

Thank you for your very kind comments and we appreciate your feedback. I will inform the team that you enjoyed your stay .

BELFAST
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

After surprising my beautiful wife to be with a special weekend away after the Christmas mayhem, I couldnt believe what a fantastic spot Johnstown House was. From the moment we checked in the staff were nothing but professional and courteous. Asking us would we like to book dinner or dine in the bar, I thought was a very clever move from the hotel side and also a nice touch as we hadnt really thought about it until then. Our room was extremely spacious and as for the bed ....it was probably one of the most comfiest beds we had ever slept in. After exploring the wonderful grounds and house , using the most relaxing spa ( on just one morning ) eating both in the bar and restaurant and meeting extremely friendly and professional staff we had the most amazing weekend ever and on reflection I am looking to see when we can return with all the family as we have a big birthday coming up. All I can say is Johnstown House has the" Wow "Factor

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to us at the Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

Thank you for your very kind comments and we appreciate your feedback. I will inform the team that you enjoyed your stay and that we delivered the WOW Factor to you on your special stay with us.

Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We had our wedding in the Johnstown House Hotel in November 2010. What more could the staff do for us??.......absolutley nothing more! Everything we required was there before we could even ask for it....the staff were so nice & so helpful, the food was soooo delicious and everyone of our 110 guests stayed in the hotel and not 1 had a complaint! In fact they are still raving about the hotel now......one friend told me only last night (30th Jan 2011) of how they had slept in the next morning and took a chance to ring down for breakfast even though it was just after the deadline and it was in their room in the following 10 mins.....now thats service people!!!! I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel.....and i just wish i could have my wedding all over again......and i wouldnt change a single thing!!! Well done Staff of Johnstown House Hotel and Thank u for everything!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Good Morning,

I am delighted to hear that you and your guests enjoyed your wedding with us at the Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

Thank you for your very kind comments and we appreciate your feedback. I will inform the team that you enjoyed your Wedding with us.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Johnstown House and Spa for your 1st year Anniversary .

monaghan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

hi everyone this is our second time staying in the Johnstown house, the first time was as good as the second. On our first visit what i thought was a weekend for my birthday and ended up we got engaged, the staff where fantastic helping my partner surprised me. So thank you to all the girls in the spa. that was near a yr ago. My husband then surprised me again by booking another weekend in the hotel. Staff where brillant , always polite and had a warm welcoming smile for everyone. The room was fab. we had dinner in the resturant and we are is still talking about his steak dinner. We had drinks in the front bar over the weekend, and the staff again where brillant, they always made sure the we had enough of everything.
The spa and leisure centre where lovely and we had a very relaxing time. cant wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent returned visit to us at the Johnstown House Hotel and Spa and that your second visit was a good as your first.

Thank you for your very kind comments and we appreciate your feedback. I will inform the team that you enjoyed your stay.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Due to the snow we stopped and stayed and drank, great bar, huge bed, great breakfast in very nice surroundings, unfortunately like so many Irish Hotels we were the only guests I think, Such a Shame for a amazing building.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Management-JTHH, General Manager at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was indeed unfortunate that there were so few other guests able to travel and stay with us during the snowy conditions. I am glad that you made it to us safely and had a great getaway.
We hope to welcome you back again at some stage in the Future!

Been to Johnstown House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!