“noisey bar, sunday 2nd march” 3 of 5 stars

Johnstown House Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Enfield-Johnstown Bridge Road, Enfield, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enfield
dublin
“noisey bar, sunday 2nd march”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I will write this while its fresh in my head , could the bar or other members of staff not control or talk to the rowdy, noisey group who were in the bar at about 4 . 30 pm the horrible foul language they used almost constantly , there were small children in there company, one drink and we left the bar.Other than thar the hotel was fine.the price of the drink is worth a mention 5.50 for a pint and just under 8 euro for a bacardi and coke , this is much dearer than major hotels in the capital.

Room Tip: not sure, only stayed one night
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

I apologise for the short comings during your stay, these comments will be highlighted with the bar staff for future reference.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hotel hit and miss. Staff welcoming and friendly. Room comfortable but décor tired. Had to send back meal in restaurant as it was burnt. Next nights meal excellent. Bar cold no ice bucket for wine. Spa fantastic. Rhona in 7th Heaven hairdressers waited over an hour for me to do my hair and did a fantastic job. She made my weekend. Paula Dublin

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel and Spa.

I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable weekend and you found the staff pleasant I certainly hope you were well looked after.
I am sorry to hear of the short comings you encountered during your stay. These points will be addressed within the relevant departments.

We hope to see you return again soon.

KIindest Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here on Friday night for 1 night, such a great place to stay - staff were brilliant and very friendly they couldnt have done more us, we will definitely be going back :-) The manager Lisa is very pleasant to deal with, higly recommend :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Ensuring guests have an enjoyable and relaxing stay is what Johnstown House prides itself in so I am delighted to hear you experienced this quality during your visit.
I will certainly pass your kind comments to Lisa.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager.
Westmeath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I spent an afternoon at the spa here recently after receiving a voucher from a very nice friend. I had been here once before and my experience was similar. Very busy on the day I was there and no issue there as everyone seemed to be getting whisked off for their treatments promptly. There are a lot of treatment rooms here and at times due to being so busy there were not enough beds in the relaxation room to accommodate everyone. Special lighting in the thermal suite rooms not working.
The real problem with this spa though is the tiny changing area. There is one toilet cubicle to do all of the female guests so a lot of time was spent queuing (necessary after all of the water and herbal tea consumed!). There's really only enough space for 5/6 people to get showered and changed,so when a group of 5 came in to "start" their day, there was no room for them which meant they were standing around in the
changing room while the other 5 of us tried to dry and dress hurriedly.
There is a"scum" on the shower walls that could do with a good scrub. Grouting filthy! Shower waste so clogged up with hair that I
had to stand in a couple of
inches of dirty water.
The best part of my experience was the treatment which was amazing. Hats off to therapist Sarah, she was fantastic!
I will be returning here in the next few weeks as part of my treatment was unavailable on the day. I will be in interested to see if any of my comments have been taking on board as they are the same issues I had there 18 months ago!
I don't wish to see the guest manager's stock answer at the end of my review. I'd rather see actions taken to fix problems!

Longford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Spent a lovely afternoon with the family, the food was just super. The staff are extremely friendly and the settings are just superb. Always a nice place to stop on the way home from Dublin. Very handy just off the N4 and easy to access with plenty of parking.

Stayed March 2014
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

It is a pleasure to hear your family and yourself were looked after so well and you enjoyed your afternoon with us.
Thank you for your kind comments these will be passed on to all of the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Myself & my partner stayed in the hotel on Wednesday 26 feb, we had booked the gormet dinner and overnight stay. On arrival at de hotel we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist & asked were we booked in for a special occasion, we said it was a late valentines treat to ourselves & also our first time away from our 3month old daughter so we were so looking forward to the break. The receptionist then offered us a free upgrade for our room & told us to relax & enjoy our overdue break. We were delighted & hadn't expected this. The receptionist then informed us were everything was as in de spa, breakfast room, bar & restaurant & we also then booked our dinner for 8:15, he couldn't have been nicer to us. Our room was on the 2nd floor & was so spacious & beautiful, really made a difference to our break and made it that more special. We used the thermal suite which was very relaxing, unfortunately we didn't use the spa this time but I had been here before with my mum on a girly package & have to say the spa & staff were one of the best iv been in. The bar is a lovely cosy little hub for pre & post dinner drinks. Our gormet dinner was beautiful & service was very good even tho the restaurant was quite busy for a Wednesday night, we only had to ask for something once and it was there, also we asked for extra coffees & were not charged which was a really nice touch. Breakfast was nice but maybe alittle more selection, would have been nice to have option of having some boiled eggs r beans but it was stil quite tasty! Overall I could not fault this hotel based on the two occasions I've stayed here. It is an old hotel so if your looking for modern decor this is not for you but if you like a feel of a country state house this is the
Place to go!

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and you were so well catered for by our reception team, we would always to our best to improve your stay in any way possible if available and it is a pleasure to hear this was done for you.

I will take your comments on board regarding the breakfast and I thank you for this feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with mum for early mothers day present. Staff very friendly and welcoming and nothing too much trouble. Excellent sevice from the all staff but especially the main restaurant. Food, spa and room all lovely. Will definately return again!!!

Dear Reviewer,

I am so pleased to hear you were well looked after, it certainly is what we are about here at Johnstown House. Our aim is to ensure each and every guest is catered for and thoroughly enjoys their stay.

I will pass your kind comments to all of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Johnstown House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!